• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\servers\coldfusion\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp\

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theese days i receive a intrusion trought this directory. my antivirus says the a virus is present in this dir and remove it.

i try to lock and disable CFIDE from external ip and domain.

how i can lock this type of attack ?

all patch are inserted until 8/03 on CF 9.0.1

thanks a lot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The file residing at C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\servers\coldfusion\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp \ is not a virus. The name is alphanumeric and is a temp file.

To Block /CFIDE requests

Even if you do not have a virtual directory specified for /CFIDE on your IIS sites, the ColdFusion IIS connector will still pass through requests for /CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm. Therefore, you must explicitly block /CFIDE requests.

IIS 7 has powerful request filtering capabilities that can enhance the security of your web server. Make sure that the Request Filtering feature is installed. Create a global Request Filtering rule for all sites on the server by editing the applicationHost.config file, which is located in the c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\config directory by default. Before editing the file, make a backup of this file.Adobe ColdFusion 9 Server Lockdown Guide 10

This file is an XML configuration file, so all changes must result in a valid XML document. Locate the <requestFiltering> tag, which is located in the <configuration> <system.webServer> <security> <requestFiltering> hierarchy.

Add a child tag to <requestFiltering> named <denyUrlSequences> with the following information:

<denyUrlSequences>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/administrator” />

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/adminapi”/>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/AIR”/>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/appdeployment”/>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/componentutils”/>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/debug”/>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/orm”/>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/portlets”/>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/probe.cfm”/>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/scripts”/>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/services”/>

<add sequence=”/CFIDE/wizards”/>

</denyUrlSequences>

If there is already a <denyUrlSequences> tag, append the <add sequence> tags to the existing tag.

Next , you must allow access to the /CFIDE/administrator URI in the cfadmin website. Create a file called web.config in the web root with the following content:

<configuration>

<system.webServer>

<security>

<requestFiltering>

<denyUrlSequences>

<remove sequence=”/CFIDE/administrator”/>

</denyUrlSequences>

</requestFiltering>

</security>

</system.webServer>

</configuration>

The above configuration overrides the global request filtering and removes the deny rule for the URI /CFIDE/administrator.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this discussion,
I have worked for 3 weeks on this question.
Every 2 or 3 days I have 2 TMP files found as VIRUS in that directory.

This make me very afraid.

I thought it came from an unsecure UPLOAD ?
Can you confirm these files are not VIRUS ?

I do not understand your recommandations above with requestfiltering , CFIDE etc...
I am not enough knowledgeable to understand this.

If I leave the configuration as it is, with these files files coming regularly,
IS THIS SAFE ???

A big thanks for your answer or recommandation.
Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Anit,

thanks for your response.

I made all the things you advise:

- Block /CFIDE/ requests

- Block access to cf administrator to external ip

- use different users for iis and coldfusion service

- updated coldfusion with last hotfix

for 2 months we have not received more attacks of this kind, but this morning someone managed to retry the upload.

Do you have any other advice for us?

You're right that the tmp files are not dangerous, but the fact that someone might write files on the server is one thing that does not make me feel comfortable

Thanks, R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello RiccardoAea,

If you think, your server is compromised, then please send all the details to Adobe Product Security Incident Response Team at psirt@adobe.com

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My file applicationHost.config does not have the tags :

<security> <requestFiltering>

Why, should I have to create them before inserting the <denyUrlSequences>

Thanks for answer.

I still have files detected by the antivirus in :

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Plarts,

plarts wrote:

My file applicationHost.config does not have the tags :

<security> <requestFiltering>

Yes, you need to create them before inserting the <denyUrlSequence>

plarts wrote:

I still have files detected by the antivirus in :

You can ignore the files at C:\ColdFusion9\runtime\servers\coldfusion\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp\.

They are not viruses, but are temp files. Its, just that the antivirus is not able to diagnose the same.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for this information.

I used 2 differents Antivirus at different times : MSE and ISET

The 2, detected these TEMP files as Virus.

So, now I forget about this and consider this as normal behaviour.

Thanks , Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, Pierre (@plarts) pointed me to this forum in talking with me about another problem of his. I shared this observation with him and want to share it here for readers of this thread.

As for the temp files referred to here, I’m a bit surprised that no one has yet pointed out that those come from HTTP uploads to a CF page (and have nothing to do with the CFIDE directory or Admin lockdown).

Any file upload to a CF page will be posted to that temp directory within CF. Of course, most CFM pages receiving an upload would then move it to a destination directory, using the CFFILE Action=”upload” and its DESTINATION attribute.

But while most people think it’s the CFFILE that “does the upload”, that’s just not the case. For more, see a blog entry I did on this very topic several years ago, which still holds true:

CFMythbusters: For a file to be uploaded to a CFM page, it needs a CFFILE Upload tag, right? Wrong!

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2006/5/7/cfform_not_doing_upload

And I point out there also how such files should be removed at the end of each request. My understanding is that the only way they would remain would be if the request failed.

As for them being identified here as containing viruses, I suppose it's possible that a scanner may identify them as such by their pure file content, but as Anit seems to be pointing out, since these are just .tmp files, it would seem that nothing could really "execute" them (even if something somehow had execute privileges on the directory).

But if it concerns one that they are there, then just delete them. But you can't really stop them getting put there, since again any post of a file upload to any CFM will cause them to appear there. Again, though, they should disappear at the end of the request. 

Separate from the concern about viruses (if there really should be one), I'll note that I also mention in the blog entry that this fact that any CFM page can "receive" an upload could technically be "abused" by someone, pushing files to the server.

But it's not also "entirely open", as there are some mechanisms in place (in the CF Admin) to throttle such file uploads somewhat. See the blog entry for more.

Finally, we should note that CF10 has added still more to help with this issue, in that if a CFFILE ACTION="upload" has a new STRICT attribute that causes CF to not only check the mime type (if listed in the ACCEPT attribute) but also makes sure that the file content itself matches that file content. There is also a new filegetmimetype that can be used against a file or directory of files to confirm if their contents meet their mime type.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Charlie, thank you very much for this post, it was very helpful to understand how these files access on our web server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation