• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing new flash player?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2013 Jun 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can someone help me? I've been trying to install the new flash player 11.7 for days and it refuses to install. I have internet explorer 9 64-bit, windows 7. I've tried everything that everyone has said. I've turned off my firewall, enabled scripting, disabled active x filtering..etc. Everytime it's the same message, Unable to find reliable source. I've also tried downloading the offline installer and I keep getting the message, Installer interupted. The download time kept going up from an hour to 2 hours etc. Then it would say interupted. I have dial up so I wonder if that has something to do with it. Has anybody else had this problem and if so what did you do? I've even tried turning off my antivirus settings. Help someone!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the offline installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea... (under the heading Progress bar hangs...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the name of the installer that you have tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install_flash_player_ax.exe(16.2 MB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very unusual; this installer should normally just run through it...

Can you try the MSI installer: download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x.msi

If you still get a problem, can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try the link you suggested. Do I copy and paste it in the search engine? Sorry if it's a stupid question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When it downloads what do I do then? Should I close Internet Explorer and get offline before running? And should I save it or just click run? I want to do this right in case it's an error on my part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, download it to your local disk, then close all browser windows and run it by double-clicking, same as an .exe file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah okay that didn't work. The download countdown keeps going backwards. Instead of counting down the time of download it keeps going up and up. Until eventually it says download interupted. I really don't know what the problem is. I downloaded the uninstaller just fine. So why can't I download the installer? I've had older versions of adobe with no problem, but this new one just doesn't want to download. It sucks because it cuts into my youtube addiction. How do I look up the log install files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install log files do not help if you cannot download the installer.  I suggest that you download the installers from a computer with a better Internet connection (Internet cafe, library), then transfer it to your computer using a flash drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I'll have to try that. Course I'll also have to buy a flash drive. I just don't understand what the problem is. I had the new version, but it wasn't acting right so I uninstalled it. Now I can't seem to install it at all. Do you think doing a system restore would bring the old version back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a System Restore should bring the old version back.

(Your problem is not that you can't install it; you can't download it - possibly because an unreliable Internet connection.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size flash drive will I need to download the installer on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The ActiveX installer (for Internet Explorer) is 16.2MB, the plugin installer (for other browsers) is 16.8MB.  These days flash drives come in gigabytes, so the smallest one should easily do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines