Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display pop-up message in centre of the webhelp

Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to display pop-up in centre of the webhelp for Robohelp. Can you plaese help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Something is very odd here. The user name is different but the question is the same. Are Deb Dutta Das and tanima roy the same user? If so, please be aware that this practice is not a good habit to fall into and will most likely result in your question being ignored by most of the regulars that are able to help.

Here is a link to the other question.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we are not the same users. However we are facing the same issue. Can you offer a solution as this a requirement put up the client. We need to respond to them about the feasibility of the requirement. Can anyone from the adobe team respond at the earliest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You seem to be under the mistaken belief that members of the Adobe team are supposed to staff these forums and provide help. Certainly we do see them pop in from time to time, but it's not an official support channel. If the issue is really important and needs to be solved by Adobe, you need to contact Adobe support. And I believe you have to pay for that. The forums are user-to-user with volunteers (that also have jobs to do) answering questions and helping as best we can.

As for the requirement, I'm not sure we fully understand what you are wanting. You said you need a pop up message in the center of "WebHelp". So I'll toss out some questions that hopefully you can answer that will provide a better idea of why we may be confused by your question.

When you say pop up in the center of WebHelp, are you wanting the pop up to be totally centered on WebHelp (meaning the navigation panel on the left side and the main toolbar across the top of the window? You essentially want a pop up to appear centered on the screen? Or possibly relative to the open window presenting the WebHelp? Or are you wanting the pop up centered over the Topic area?

Basically, any way you slice that, RoboHelp is not going to offer anything that will help you achieve it. You will need to custom code some JavaScript to make it happen. I'm pretty sure it can be done, but you will have to find someone well versed in JavaScript to help you achieve it.

How is this pop up to be triggered? On the initial display of WebHelp? When a certain topic loads? By some user action?

Again, you're going to have to resort to some custom developed JavaScript solution.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2013 Jun 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want a pop up to appear centered on the screen.

Can you please provide the javascript that would help to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you will need to do is open your browser, visit Google and type the following into the search field:

create javascript pop up window

Now you might think I'm being snide by telling you that. I'm not. It's the exact same thing I would be doing myself if I were to type out all the steps you would need to do to create the window..

I'd then choose from the resulting hits to find something close to what I want. Then I'd try it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

See also this link: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4068373/center-a-popup-window-on-screen

This provides the JavaScript needed if you want to code it yourself.

Call as follows: <a href="javascript:popupwindow('myurl.htm','mytitle',200,200);">Your link text</a>

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp