• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automation Server Error

Feb 15, 2007 Feb 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

When I load the skin editor, I get an Automation Server "can't create object". - Line 222, Char 3 (if that helps any).

The URL referenced is whskin_pdhtml.htm. It's in a Temp folder on the local drive.

When I view the WebHelp output, the navigation pane is blank. Sam happens when I try to view a published WebHelp system on the company shared drive. It worked previously, and other users have no problem with it. I think this has something to do with a corrupt or missing .dll on my machine, but don't know how to locate and fix the file.

One alternative may be to reinstall RoboHelp. That could be difficult, as I have to chase the support dude down, as they do not give us peons administrative rights.

I have fiddled with the security settings In Internet Explorer, but no luck.

Thanks,

Charles Arnold
MetLife DI
Tampa, Florida

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

After some intensive and futile code analysis, I determined that the IT folks have been pushing XP Service Pack 2, which, according to some topics here, can make RoboHelp malfunction.

I've scheduled an install. If that is successful, I'll update this topic.

Charles Arnold
MetLife DI
Tampa, Florida

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
A major change to the OS can make a lot of things malfunction. Don't forget RH must be reinstalled using your logon and with admin rights attached. There's a topic on my site if you need to argue that with the IT folks.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp