• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player won't install. Nothing happens.

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed all previous Flash related content from my computer, including plugins.  I have run as administrator.  I have disabled AVG.  Still nothing. 

I am running Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 10. 

I have also tried downloading the adobe installer manually and a window pops up telling me to close internet explorer in order to continue...I do this and the window stays up, nothing happens once again. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried running installer from file downloaded to desktop with internet explorer already closed - the installation initiallized and then error pops up telling me I do not have permission.  I am the only user on my coadobe error.JPGmputer.  I am the administrator, I also right clicked and ran the installer as administrator.  I don't get it.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAAnd I just found under adobe help an article on how to change windows registry permissions.  The article keyword is: cpsid_49419

I followed the directions to the T, and it did not resolve my issue, I still end up with the posted above error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear adobe desk.JPG

I have tried installing as administrator from both the installation saved directly from the adobe download site for Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700.224 (without the google crome tool bar selected), and the manual adobe installer active x.exe.  After correcting my windows registry permissions.  Nothing.  Going to look into Active X controls next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked into my user account being possibly corrupted and followed the instructions on this article to a T: http://http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/windows-7-admin-account-d...

And it didn't change anything.  I still have no permission for the required activex file to be installed. 

I have also uninstalled Internet Explorer 10, to no avail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, I have been at this all day!  For the record I followed the instructions here:

http://http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846#4041846 on how to do a clean install of flash player. 

I even had to download unlocker.  So now I have third party stuff to get rid of -

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?  I notice other posts that happen after I started posting are getting plenty of responses - is this problem already answered in the forums?  I have searched through them, but if I am missing something obvious, please, please tell me! 

I am a newbie.  I don't really know anything about computers.  I have just been following the bread crumbs. 

The problem always comes down to the lack of permissions when installing the activex.vxc.5 in the Windows sysWOW64. 

The only conclusions i have reached is that the problem is either user control oriented or active x control oriented.

but i have tried all the roots and it seems my account is not corrupted, and AVG, and or my internet security settings are not disallowing active x installation. 

so now i am starting to get paranoid that my user account has been hijacked and i am running a shadow or something without complete control. 

i also forgot to mention that i run CC cleaner now and then - is it possible this has deleted important files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is my system:

my system.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log files from both C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

install logs.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I performed a clean install.  Those are the log files from that installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply.

I looked at the log files you posted; there are at least two files that could not be deleted during the install:

• C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash64_11_7_700_224.ocx
  • C:\WINDOWS\syswow64\Macromed\Flash\activex.vch

This means that a clean install has not been performed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.

I had deleted those files prior to installation.  Including the log files.  Both system32 and syswow64 macromed flash folders were empty.  I had to use unlocker to delete a couple files. 

I followed the clean installation instructions completely.  The log files I posted are the results of the attempted clean install. 

Are you saying that the log files indicate that those two files were not, in fact, deleted prior to that clean install attempt?  If so then unlocker is not actually working?  I do not see the file in the folder once I delete it with unlocker. 

Are these two files, not being able to be deleted, the cause of insufficient permission to write the activex.vch.5 file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the log just indicates that these two files could not be written; usually this is because they already exist, and cannot be deleted.  So in your case they cannot be written for another reason, but the log does not give the information why.

Have you also deleted the underlying folders (Flash & Macromed)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is probably irrelevant now, but I had this problem too and here is what I did.

Right click on the .exe file and click on properties.

At the bottom of the properties window should have something saying:

"This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer".

Click the unblock button beside it, apply the changes, and it should install if you run it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines