• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best laptop for a graphic design student?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I`m going to study graphic design. I want to buy a new computer for this purpose.

Which qualities should I look for? Which computers work good with Adobe Creative SuiteĀ® 6?

Thank you for advice.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you can check minimum system requirement here for CS6 softwares : http://prodesigntools.com/products/adobe-cs6-system-requirements.html

According the system requirement you can purchase your new computer with latest configuration to use Adobe softwares.

Regards,

Jatin Dembla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link! Now just to choose between so many choises of laptops:-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its all to easy to post a question without doing a quick search

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5404745#5404745

Please do your homework.

Oh it would be an idea to post your budget otherwise you will be advised to buy a $3000 laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link!

Well, I actually did some research. But I`ve got just confused from all the informations, so I thought the best is just to ask...

I`ve also found one artikle: http://www.squidoo.com/best-laptops-for-graphic-design    But it`s good to double check...

Thank you for your comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I'm the actual owner of the page you mentioned, unfortunately it's a dead link now. But I moved the content to another platform: http://bucsaemanuel.hubpages.com/hub/Best-Laptops-For-Graphics-Design . It contains a bit more info than the original page. Thanks again for mentioning my page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't defined a budget. So for best for the buck I would definitly go for a Lenovo IdeaPad 510p.

Very good overall performance : Great processor, very power graphic card (really nice for Video Editing), SSD + HDD combo wich make it really fast to boot and use softwares.

It has also a very nice Full HD screen with REALLY nice colors. IdeaPad Y series have really good screens compared to every other companies (even Samsung).

Last touch : Backlid keyboard, aluminium cover and "slim" (for the components).

Usually start at 1200$ but they have alot of specials. Right now its 849$

Up to 4th Gen IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i7 processor
Windows 8
NVIDIAĀ® GeForceĀ® GT750M 2GB graphics
Up to 16GB DDR3 memory
Up to 1TB HDD + 24GB SSD
Up to 5 hours' battery life
15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) widescreen display
Starting at 5.95 lbs / .61" thin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That helped a lot! I tried to compare similar laptops from different mark, but Lenovo have good price!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a big fan of laptops personally, usually don't get as much bang for your buck as with a desktop. I'd recommend getting a custom built computer from a local computer shop if you're not technically inclined, or build your own if you are. If money isn't an issue Apple makes great products. As others suggested, do research!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines