• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorised without an ID

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I installed ADE I authorised it without an ID (in error as I didn't see the option to create an ID).  This only allows me to read books on this computer.  When I realised my error I uninstalled the program and re-installed it.  However I've since discovered - from the help page - that once you've authorised the program without an ID on your computer if you reinstall it you cannot subsequently authorise it with an ID.  So I'm left unable to transfer books to other devices.  How do I solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First consider any action needed to recover books (see below).

To deauthorize, use ctrl-shift-D to ADE (cmd-shift-D on Mac)

Restart ADE, and then authorize with your proper ID.

Unfortunately, the books you bought under the non-ID will no longer be readable,

as they are associated and encrypted for the non-ID.

~~~

You may be able to recover your books using a DRM stripper such as epubee.

Technically this is likely to be against ts&cs of the books,

but in the situation that the totally inept implementation of the Adobe ADEPT DRM system gives you no alternative it seems completely reasonable.

DRM stripping must be done while the computer is still using the old non-ID under which the books were bought; before you deauthorize.

Do NOT use stripping to break the intent of the ts&cs, for example printing out the books or giving copies to friends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2013 Jun 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sjpt,

Fortunately I don't have to worry about recovering books as I only had downloaded one book borrowed from my local library on the program. 

You said, use ctrl-shift-D to Adobe Digital Editions to deauthorise.  Excuse my ignorance, but where do I do this?  Sounds simple enough but I don't know where to apply it.

Regards,

Webblesles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just run ADE, and make sure you are in Library view and not Reading view.

Then type in ctrl-shift-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Sjpt,  That worked a treat! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines