• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which older version? How can one know...

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying out the powerpoint software that came with my microsoft suite.

It should allow me to embed YouTube video. I finally figured out how to do it, and it seems to be in there -- the TV tube. Now I've embedded my youtube videos quite a lot. So it's not a new thing to me.

But this won't play, and when I click on it I get an error message that I need to download an older version of flashplayer.

According to this website, i have the updated version. I don't understand why in the world an older version would be needed for anything.

Even more important, I don't understand with all the software I have to enable me to play the youtube video -- Windows Media Player, Corel, Nero etc. why do I have to use Adobe flashplayer period? It seems clear they change it and don't even say whch version I need to download. I downloaded the one from the end of 2012 just a stab in the dark, and I can't even fidn it in my download, and I know I did.

So honestly this is really irritating. I would be so grateful for any help, ideas etc. It's scary because I see a lot of questions, but no answers.

thanks in advance.

I have windows 7 pro 64 bit with the windows plug in.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

gmt58 wrote:

It's scary because I see a lot of questions, but no answers.

This question is posted almost daily, and it is answered every time!

The current wisdom is to replace version=3 with version=2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines