• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Flash Pro CC publish to flash player 9??

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It is possible to publish to flash player 9 in Flash CC. Most of the flash ads still require flash player 9 as the highest version to publish for.

thanks

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

10.3 is as far back as you can publish unless you add an older playerglobal swc to the publishing options.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.3 is as far back as you can publish unless you add an older playerglobal swc to the publishing options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried different version of flex sdk like you can with flash builder. But that didnt seem to work.

Have also tried older version of the air sdk but only version 3.6.0.6090 and higher are supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to start, you need to find a version 9 playerglobal.swc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have flash player version 9 of playerglobal.swc added it to . preferences / code editor / actionscript 3.0 settings / library path . But still cant select flash player 9 in the publish settings.

Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 15.12.14.png

Message was edited by: andykenward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

add the swc to the default location, Adobe\Adobe Flash CC\Common\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0\FP9\playerglobal.swc

then you need to add an fp9 publishing template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the folder structure has changed in flash cc. You have to click show package on the application to see that folder structure. Have added to that location.

But what do you mean by a fp9 template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need a publishing template (xml) for fp9 so it shows up in your publish settings target combobox.

here's some info: http://blogs.adobe.com/rgalvan/2011/11/adding-fp11-support-to-flash-pro-cs5-and-cs5-5.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but why is this not built in? Crappy Flash CC... does Adobe know that major Ad-Servers do not accept SWFs higher than Flashplayer 9? Therefore Flash CC, as it is right now, is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2013 Jul 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is so true ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey just went through the stressful experience of building some banners in CC only to realize they couldn't be exported as Flashplayer 9.  I tried then opening them in CS6 but they wouldn't load properly and when published their SWF would be extremely choppy.  Seeing as the client needed the animation quickly I tried everything and found a solution.  Figured I would share it here in case any one else finds them self in my shoes. 

First I would save my files in Flash CC as an .xfl file.  Then in CS6 open the .fla file that was created with the .xfl folder and with out touching anything go to File>Publish Settings and switch the target to Flash Player 9 hit 'OK' then hit CTRL-F12

And success I finally saw my animation playing back without being choppy.  I guess for the time being I will have to stick with CS6 for web banners.  It's a shame since CC performs so well and helps keep file size down a bit...  I would love to add a Flash Player 9 option to CC if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need a publishing template (xml) for fp9 so it shows up in your publish settings target combobox.

here's some info: http://blogs.adobe.com/rgalvan/2011/11/adding-fp11-support-to-flash-pr o-cs5-and-cs5-5.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad i tried that way, flash cc does not work with a fp9 publishing template. Problems with exporting as3 to fp9. So instead of keep fooling us in the wrong direction bring up a complete solution, right you can't...

Flash's main profit scheme is online-marketing, also the only reason why flash still exists (everything else is already replaced). looks like adobe is dumb enough to pull the plug here. Nobody intelligent enough does Websites, Games, Video-Embeding and so on with Flash anymore.

kglad if you want to do a good job for Flash, i mean it honest, then contact someone at adobe to really get the focus on the flash cc publish to fp9 issue. OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just added fp 9 to flash cc and tested and i don't see a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thats the problem... you don't see it, because you most likely did not a full test. Ad some AS3-code to it and it will fail when you publish it. Looks like alot of Flash CC AS3-Code does not work in FP9. If not, it would be very awesome if you could share your solution here. And correct me if am wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're wrong.

i see no problem with actionscript unless i try to use something not available in fp 9 (like the native JSON class that was added with fp 11) which confirms i'm using fp 9 to publish.  so yes, there's alot of code that would work in fp11 that would not work with fp 9.  if you expect anything else, you have some fundamental misunderstanding.

anyway, the solution is the same as i already mentioned, more than once.  here are the file paths on my computer (which are the default paths):

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CC\Common\Configuration\Players\FlashPlayer9_0.xml

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CC\Common\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0\FP9\playerglobal.swc

and i attached two files so you don't have to find fp9 playerglobal.swf and you don't need to create a fp 9 xml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kglad for this solution... Looks like my playerglobal.swc was different to yours. So now we only have to bring adobe to the point that they implement it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad!! and thanks for attaching the files.  I agree with FUNE Adobe should definitely update CC to have the option of flash player 9.  Since it is the DFA standard at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks kglad,

For Mac the file paths are:

/Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/Players/FlashPlayer9_0.xml

and

/Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

To navigate inside "Adobe Flash CC.app" in Finder, you need to right click it and select "Show Package Content".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

and thank you for the mac paths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the latest 2015 release the paths have changed, but basicly the same trick with same files still works.

New Paths for OSX are:

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC 2015/en_US/Configuration/Players/FlashPlayer9_0.xml

(You need to create the Players folder)

and

/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC 2015/en_US/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

(You need to create FP9 folder)

I also edited the FlashPlayer9_0.xml file slightly.

At line 9 I changed the path of the swc file from

$(AppConfig)/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

to

$(UserConfig)/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create banner ads for my display network campaigns on Google.  I need some help getting my flash ads to export out at 10.1.  I've tried to follow the steps outlined but I'm getting compile errors.  You seem to have a good grasp on this.  Could I hire you to walk me through this process? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Shuafoo,

I'm more then happy to help out. Our IT network hasnt allowed us to upgrade as of yet but I'm sure the contents of the Flash App are nearly Identical.

So are you using the CC2015 or do you still use 2014 ?

Let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines