• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC doesn't create a new sequence with a new project

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel sure I must be missing something, but when I create a new project in Premiere Pro CC, it doesn't automatically create a new sequence.

In CS6, creating a new project would cause it to pop up a list of sequence presets and then create a new, blank sequence for you.

In CC, once you've created a project, you're left looking at an empty timeline.  You then have to go up to File, New, Sequence, and do it there.

Seems like a strange extra step to include, no?

Is there a setting I haven't found then makes CC create new projects with a sequence as CS6 does?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Yes, as Jim mentions, there are other ways to create a sequence.  For example, just import your footage, and then with one clip selected, choose File > New > Sequence from Clip.  Or in the Project panel, drag a clip to the New Item icon.  Many find it easier to create the sequence that way, rather than reading through all the settings in the New Sequence dialog and trying to figure out which attributes fit the media they are working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since a lot of folks create their sequences based on the media they're editing, it's actually a step saved by not having to hit Cancel when that dialog comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create sequences based on the media to be edited, too, but I still have to create a sequence.  I don't see how the new 'CC way' saves a step.  Can you elaborate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as Jim mentions, there are other ways to create a sequence.  For example, just import your footage, and then with one clip selected, choose File > New > Sequence from Clip.  Or in the Project panel, drag a clip to the New Item icon.  Many find it easier to create the sequence that way, rather than reading through all the settings in the New Sequence dialog and trying to figure out which attributes fit the media they are working with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'd not used those methods before. 

50% of the time I could go straight to the preset I wanted.  For the remaining 50% I would just let Premiere create a sequence from whatever the currently selected preset in the dialog box was, and then I'd drag a clip onto the timeline, hit 'Change sequence settings', and let Premiere select a matching preset for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2013 Dec 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zac Lam, where is the New Item icon in premiere pro CC? In cs6, it used to be at the bottom right corner of the project panel, but now I don't seem to find it. I know there are other ways to select the New Item option (for instance, in the File menu), but I'm curious about the icon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The button is in the same place in CC as it was in CS6. Perhaps the Project panel isn't wide enough to display it (as is the case in the second screenshot)

new Item button.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, I thought I had already tried to widen the panel, but now I realize I hadn't... Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines