Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Service will not start after reboot

Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble getting the coldfusion service to start after a server reboot.  The service was working prior to the reboot and the only thing that changed was an update to the application hosted on the server.

The server setup:

• Windows Server 2008 R2
  • Coldfusion 9.0.1 (multiserver)
  • Java 7 update 13
  • Jrun 4

The error message I am seeing in all the log files is 'Error loading: C:/Program Files/Java/jre7\bin\server\jvm.dll'.

Nothing has changed with Java or Jrun since the reboot, so I can't quite put my finger on the actual issue.

We have tried rebooting the server, updating Java with no success.

Any thoughts on what it might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello HiTop,

Can you share your jvm.config file?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#

# VM configuration

#

# Where to find JVM, if {java.home}/jre exists then that JVM is used

# if not then it must be the path to the JRE itself

#java.home=C:/JRun4/jre

java.home=C:/Program Files/Java/jre7

#

# If no java.home is specified a VM is located by looking in these places in this

# order:

#

#  1) bin directory for java.dll (windows) or lib/<ARCH>/libjava.so (unix)

#  2) ../jre

#  3) registry (windows only)

#  4) JAVA_HOME env var plus jre (ie $JAVA_HOME/jre)

#

# Arguments to VM

java.args=-server -Xmx2048m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:MaxPermSize=192m -XX:+UseParallelGC -Xbatch -Dcoldfusion.rootDir={application.home}/ -Djava.security.policy={application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/coldfusion.policy -Djava.security.auth.policy={application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/neo_jaas.policy

#

# commas will be converted to platform specific separator and the result will be passed

# as -Djava.ext.dirs= to the VM

java.ext.dirs={jre.home}/lib/ext

#

# where to find shared libraries

java.library.path={application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib,{application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/jintegra/bin,{application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/jintegra/bin/international,{application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/oosdk/classes/win

system.path.first=false

#

# set the current working directory - useful for Windows to control

# the default search path used when loading DLLs since it comes

# before system directory, windows directory and PATH

java.user.dir={application.home}/../lib

# JVM classpath

java.class.path={application.home}/servers/lib,{application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/oosdk/classes,{application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/oosdk/lib,{application.home}/lib,c:/inetpub/v4/javalib

This does point to an existing jvm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello HiTop,

Please try the following:-

1. Launch Command prompt as Administrator
  2. Browse to C:\JRun4\bin and run the following command jrun.exe -start cfusion
  3. Try to access the CF admin, once the services are started.

In case it gives an error message, please share the same.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon attempting #2, I receive the following error:

The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I did see posts about this, but they related to cumulative hotfix 4 for Coldfusion.  Do you believe this missing .dll file to be the culprit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that seems to be the issue.

Please copy the msvcr100.dll from C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\ to C:\JRun4\bin\ and then try to start the service.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying the msvcr100.dll to c:/jrun4/bin/ seemed to work.  However, I am wondering why coldfusion isn't looking to the first location for that file.  Do you know why I had to copy the file to the other directory?  I was hoping to keep that .dll in one spot so that future updates occur on the same Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Anit_Kumar,

Would you happen to know why this is a desired solution?  Why did I have to copy that file?  Why did the JVM not see it in the original directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation