• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error opening CHM file (Cannot open the file: mk:@MSITStore)

Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm getting an error opening a CHM file (Cannot open the file: mk:@MSITStore). I have tried the following solutions, but neither of them worked:

• Deleted the CPD file, reopened the project, and recompiled.
  • Ran MJ's Diagnostics report and recompiled.

I'm using RH10 and Windows 7.

I have lots of other projects, and none of them result in this error. I can't think of anything else to fix it. I have seen a few threads on this issue, but none of them have lead me to any solutions that work for me. I'm hoping that starting a new thread will provide visibility and allow someone to share a solution.

Thanks,

Amy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

---UPDATE---

I was able to fix this by generating the WebHelp and then regenerating the CHM file. I'm not sure why this worked, but it did.

However, I'm also seeing this issue with a different project now, and this "fix" isn't fixing that one. So I still need an actual solution. At least for now, the first project is "fixed."

Thanks!

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm…generating WebHelp doesn’t have anything to do with making CHMs – maybe you just had the wrong primary SSL designated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. But that’s really all I did, and it was magically fixed. I realize that CHM and WebHelp aren’t related, but it did make the problem go away. I also saw on a separate thread that someone else said the same thing. I didn’t change anything else in the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By doing that did you set a default SSL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our default SSL is set to HTML Help, so I didn’t change that. Also, I generated the help by double-clicking the HTML Help option or the WebHelp option on the Single Source Layouts tab, not by clicking the button on the toolbar that generates the default SSL. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if this link helps: http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2012/10/resolving-chm-file-error-in-robohelp.html

I agree with Jeff that generating WebHelp likely did not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp