• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to open or import .swf into flash CC IDE

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, since I installed flash CC yesterday, I am unable to import .swf file into my .fla neither open .swf file in flash IDE. SWF extension is even not listed in list of supported files (I did all this normally in CS6 and before). When I try to open swf file in flash (because I got some assets in swf and need to edit it and put it to fla) it says something like "one or more files  were not imported because there were problems to read them." Shall I reinstall flash CC again or any other suggestion please ? thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Maýbe you can install the trial CS6 from the product page and then sign in with your cloud ID? It has worked for me before when I had to re-install. After installed it should ask if you want trial or has a license, sign in to license and it should work again I hope. You may have to update CS6 after through the cc manager.

Adobe should have put a full list of dropped features to read in one place before updating. It´s very poor customer management not to. But wise to all previous updates of Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing swf to timeline or library is dropped in CC. Not possible anymore as I understand. Have no idea why they chose to drop that, it´s useful sometimes. You have to use CS6 or another software for that right now anyway and import the assets instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh thank you for your reply. Sadly I hoped that it's a bug or some other issue. I am fool I uninstalled CS6 imediately after CC installation. Now I am unable to install CS6 directly from adobe cloud Still, I hope for some solution thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maýbe you can install the trial CS6 from the product page and then sign in with your cloud ID? It has worked for me before when I had to re-install. After installed it should ask if you want trial or has a license, sign in to license and it should work again I hope. You may have to update CS6 after through the cc manager.

Adobe should have put a full list of dropped features to read in one place before updating. It´s very poor customer management not to. But wise to all previous updates of Flash I keep every version, for ever if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great ! thanx, it worked, I went to adobe page and noticed there is possible to downlod CC and CS6 version. Clicked on CS6 and while I am signed to my account it downloaded full version flash CS6 automaticaly. Now it;s working for me, ty all guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one and a girl but you are welcome. Good to know also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xD oh stupid me, I see now, thanx again Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect there are a couple of reasons why the dropped the SWF import.

1. To keep users from using Flash with other programs that create SWFs as output.

2. The keep users from stealing art assets from SWFs they get from the web.

I wish they would bring it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a big problem for me also. I do flash animations and lots of time it crashed. So most of the times I used to import Swf's back into new Fla to save some key poses. Now it is gone. I also deleted main source file of my last project accidentally. I have its swf. It was a illustration project and I used movie clips for main object. But I can not retrieve it because of this new change. World is going forward. And I never saw any upgrades on flash since 2008. Its almost same. Just more bugs to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines