Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 8, Client Sessions, & the Registry

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

There are an abundance of posts in regards to storing the Client Session data in the Windows Registry.  http://forums.adobe.com/message/4302560 being the most related to my issue.  (http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2006/10/4/bots_and_spiders_and_poor_CF_performance has been a handy article as well.)  However, none of them seem to behave the way mine does after ColdFusion and the application are told not to store values there.  I updated my configurations,  restarted the Cold Fusion services, delete the old session data via "reg DELETE HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\ColdFusion\CurrentVersion\Clients", and confirm that everything is deleted.  However, after I restart the server and check that place in my registry, there's still several GB of data in there that references sessions months old.  What repopulates this?  I deleted all of it, why does it come back?  Anyone able to tell me what I'm not doing correctly?

Thanks in advance,

bmj

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellos again!

I wanted to bump this just once to give folks a second chance.  Still fighting this issue and hoping someone could give me a hint or two. 

Thank you for your time/views,

bmj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be sure, before deleting the registry values, instruct ColdFusion not to store client sessions in the registry. You do so by navigating to

Server Settings >> Client Variables

in the ColdFusion Administrator. Select to store client variables in cookies, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation