• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

plug ins location Photoshop cc

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Into which folder do I install all my plug-in filters?  ex. NiK?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

This is where I copied my links to invoke TopazLabs plugs from PS CS6.

Worked for me -- Should work for you!

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Plug-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Plug-Ins folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is where I copied my links to invoke TopazLabs plugs from PS CS6.

Worked for me -- Should work for you!

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Plug-ins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works find for Topaz.  However, I can't get it to work with Nik.  CC won't see them.  I'm finding it recognizes some filters and not others.  Then, too, I've had some appear, work, disappear, reappear and then vanish, seemingly forever.  CC needs to work on this.  (As well as numerous other things!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My copy of PS CC recognizes the NIK plugins, when they're loaded into the correct "PS CC plugins" folder. If my copy of PS CC recognizes NIK filters, it's logical that your problem is local to your computer rather than an Adobe bug.

In my case, I copied the Google folder from my PS CS6 plugins folder to the PS CC plugins folder. If you don't already have the filters installed, run the Google NIK installer, and click the "plus" option to add PS CC's plugin folder.

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not convinced that it's my machine.  If you check out the forum, you'll find lots of things are happening to lots of people that indicate something funny is going on.  It's easy to blame one's machine, but when some filters are recognized and others aren't, it points toward the software.  Other's find that the problems go away when images are loaded in different ways.  CC crashed for me every time I tried to load an image until I found the update (just hours after CC was released) and then opened a few images from LR 5.  Then, that problem went away.  I've got filters that come and go in CC even though the files never move.  We need an exterminator, we got bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone suggested that if you open Bridge CC with PS CC closed and then sent an image to PS CC the filters would appear.  I just got Bridge CC and tried it and all of my filters appeared.  It didn't work until I followed exactly that order of opening.  If you open Bridge from PS, it doesn't work.  If you open PS and then Bridge, it doesn't work.  But if PS is closed and you send an image from Bridge to PS, all the filters appear.

One way to chase a bug out of the room.  Now for someone at Adobe to kill it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've installed the plugins in the 32 or 64 bit version, and then run the other version from the desktop, but the version you installed plugins for from Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not right.  I only installed 64 bit versions.  It's something in CC.  Had the same problem loading images in CC until I sent some over from LR 5.  These tricks have worked for me and others, so we can start doing something.  These problems did not occur in CS 6 and before.  They're unique to CC.  It's not quite up to Adobe's historical standard.  I've noticed that it runs some actions slower than they ran in CS 6.  I'm not sure I can blame my hardware because it's not so puny.  16 GB ram, 3 GB video ram and an i7 cpu at 3.33 GHz while not at the top of the heap still isn't at the bottom.  These problems are unique to CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop loads the same way, no matter where you launch it from.

But if you have plugins installed only in the 32 bit app, then they will only show up when you launch the 32 bit app and not show up when you launch the 64 bit app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2013 Jul 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okey! I did it, many tks you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I suggested your problem was local to your computer, I meant you haven't installed the plugins in the correct directory rather than your computer was having problems.

In the location listed in the post by etoci to this thread, you should find a directory labled "Google", with subdirectories of all the NIK plugins.

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham, that is not what I said.

I said:

SOLVED !!! Merely a matter of copying the links to the Topaz Labs plugin from where they worked in PS CS6

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64bit)\Plug-ins

to the new folder for Photoshop CC

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64bit)\plug-ins

Then restart PS CC and everything shows up and works !!!

Evidently the TopazLabs installer does not create the links in the new PS CC folder.

If I used the word Google somewhere it was in reference to "googling" for an answer -- no folder named \goodle did I say. And NIK plug-ins are not my area of expertise as I am a Canon user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in general only one link to the for Topaz-Installation Folder is needed which covers Topaz Plug-ins. Make a link for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Topaz Labs" (when on 64 bit) or "C:\Program Files\Topaz Labs" and copy it to your plug-in folder.

Whatever Topaz Plug-in will be installed in future and regardless if it writes its own lnk to the right place, you will "see" it in PS.

regards,

Jörg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this discussion is mute as Topaz has new downloads for their apps that are aware of PS CC as I recently had to rebuild my computer, reinstall PS CC and when I downloaded the apps from the Topaz Labs website (which mentions that work with PS CC) -- THEY WORKED as advertised.

I think Topaz Labs solved the problem with the new downloads!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah maybe they solved it.

I am Beta-Tester since 2008 (guess it was Adjust V2.6 at that time) and it just happend here and then with certain plug-ins or better said: with certain computers and their OS installations. As said this is to avoid by creating a link to the Topaz Folder since PS jumps in there, parses the folder and will find any plug-in in there.

Anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines