• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should we uninstall creative cloud cs6 before installing creative cloud cc?

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an existing creative cloud member with cs6 apps installed via creative cloud on my PC's. I don't want both versions (I don't want both cs6 and cc) - so I will want to remove cs6 from my machines.

My question is -- is it best to first remove the creative cloud cs6 apps from my machine and then install creative cloud cc apps, or should I install creative cloud cc apps and then uninstall creative cloud cs6 apps?

Or ... does it not matter?

Or ... can the creative cloud cc installer hjandle the uninstall of creative cloud cs6 apps?

On Lightroom (5) - I had to uninstall Lightroom 4 manually.

Adobe - Is there a best practice here?

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

bobba1, CS6 and CC are two seperate applications. So, it does not matter at all, how or in which sequence you uninstall them.

If you do not want to keep both of them, you can install CS6, may be after or before installing CC, your choice.

Same goes with Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same question as well as a MUSE bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thank you for the fast reply, Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobba1, CS6 and CC are two seperate applications. So, it does not matter at all, how or in which sequence you uninstall them.

If you do not want to keep both of them, you can install CS6, may be after or before installing CC, your choice.

Same goes with Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to keep AAM for CS5 apps? Also, can I uninstall the previous Creative Cloud Connection since I'm uninstalling CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled my CS6 versions before installing the CC but technically you don't have to I guess as they will run side by side.

You do have to manually uninstall all the software, there is no automated way to do it.  Sometimes it doesn't work correctly so you have to download and run the creative cloud uninstaller which you would run AFTER uninstalling via the operating systems control panel.  Then this other software will remove all the extras left over or that didn't get removed.

I only run that when I open the AAM and see software installed I had already uninstalled.  Doesn't happen that often but sometimes.

I uninstalled CS6 first though as I too don't want both versions on my system.

Though I sould of waited until the actual release of CC on the 18th, I assumed it was the 17th like Adobe has been saying but I guess not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding new Cloud system as well. I have several plugins and specialy customized keyboard for CS6 and I have all these stuff installed. But now I bought new laptop and would like to install PS on it, but I can not find an option which PS I would like to install: CS6 or CC, Creative cloud propose just the 14th version... Is it possible to recieve CS6 still?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new download center in the creative cloud website they have the option to either download CC or CS6 so if you want CS6 then it is there but you have to go to the website and not the creative cloud manager that runs on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sjomannson - You can toggle from CC to CS6 on the page https://creative.adobe.com/products/photoshop.

psCCtopsCS6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you toggle it? I seem to be missing something

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sabrook06 - Free / trial accounts do not have the option to toggle to the CS6 version.

You should be able to download CS6 from here http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cs6-product-downloads.html and use to 30 day trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an automated way, which, the Adobe staff failed to mention:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5398476#5398476

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2013 Jul 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's better to leave CS6 installed when you get CC, the installer will detect your previous configurations, settings and presets and will update everything to leave it as it is.

Then uninstall the CS6 version with the Utilities / Adobe Installers files and you'll be done

BTW, the only product that really gets updated and replaced is Adobe Muse, once you install CC the CS6 is no longer in your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only CC product I have installed so far is InDesign, and CS6 is still available and running on my PC. I'm assuming all the CC programs will still be there, and I'll have to uninstall each one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines