• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer workspace from CS6 to CC

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the workspace file? I want to transfer my workspace from CS to CC. Dreamweaver was no problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

I'm doing this on 10.8.4

You will have to go to your user /library/preferences....but since osx 10.xx (I dont know which one exactly) the Library folder is hidden SO...

....In your FINDER menu under...

GO (hold down alt and you will see library apear among other things), click on it

go to preferences/ find your “previous CS product settings” folder/find workspaces/copy them to the workspaces folder of your CC product

I did this with illustrator an indesign and it works, i copied my workspaces from C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS? It may not be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X - maybe someone knows a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing this on 10.8.4

You will have to go to your user /library/preferences....but since osx 10.xx (I dont know which one exactly) the Library folder is hidden SO...

....In your FINDER menu under...

GO (hold down alt and you will see library apear among other things), click on it

go to preferences/ find your “previous CS product settings” folder/find workspaces/copy them to the workspaces folder of your CC product

I did this with illustrator an indesign and it works, i copied my workspaces from CS6, and i have done the same thing when going from CS5-CS6.

This time is a little different. “Illustrator CC setting” folder ......is called “Illustrator 17 settings” and for indesign is “version 9.0” folder.

Of all the CC products only Photoshop asked me if i wish to import my previous workspaces.

I wish those guys developing different apps would talk among themselves once in a while.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to the /Users/"your user"/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign.

In mac 10.8 you can use the "Go to Folder…" menu and put in this path or simply hold down the option key while touching the "Go" drop down and the Library will be there then navigate to the Adobe InDesign folder.

After there, just copy the folders from Version 8 to Version 9.

Adobe_InDesign.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines