• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grey blank installation screen after clicking on the ColdFusion dmg file on Mac 10.8.6

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am trying to install either ColdFusion 9 (which is where company is using) or 10 (if I can't have 9) on my Mac 10.8.6. When I click on the dmg file, it shows a running bar and once it's completed, i see a standard installation box (the one you click "agree" "nect" etc...) except there is nothing showing on the box. There is a blue "next" button but I can't click on it. This happens to both ColdFusion 9 and 10 installation. With 9 though, I get a centaur_err file.

Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 5.14.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 5.16.13 PM.png

This is very urgent as I cannot work without ColdFusion. I would really appreciate your suggestions.

Thank you,

Jennfer   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jennfer,

can you share the installer logs with us? This could be a permission related issue.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit,,

Attached is everything in the log folder. I am not sure which file you need. Please advice

Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 5.55.08 PM.png

Thanks,

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jennifer,

Can you search for Adobe_ColdFusion_10_Install_.log file with date and time stamp. This log file would be available at your desktop (or at the location of installer file).

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit,

I don't have that. The program was never installed. It stops at that grey box.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 6.01.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jennifer,

The name of file vary as per time stamp. For e.g. mine says, Adobe_ColdFusion_10_Install_05_29_2013_02_40_58.log

Can you search only with Adobe_ColdFusion_10_Install. That may work.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no...

Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 6.08.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jennifer,

I just checked and found this. As per the technical specifications (http://www.adobe.com/in/products/coldfusion-enterprise/tech-specs.html), CF 10 is only supported till  Mac OS X v10.6.x, or v10.7 officially.

However, you can try enabling the root user on MAC (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528) and then try to install ColdFusion 10.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit,

I saw that techinical specification too. But there is a different specification when you are on the download page that says

Mac OS

• Intel® Pentium® 4 processor
  • Mac OS X v10.6.x, v10.7, v10.8
  • 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
  • 500MB of available hard-disk space
  • DVD-ROM drive

There is another article that mentions Mac 10.8 http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-10-update-8.html

I am not sure which one is correct but I really need to have this installed. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 6.24.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for pointing this to us. Yes, i just checked the same on Support Matrix and it says that it is supported on MAC 10.8.

Can you try enabling the root user on MAC (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528) and then try to install ColdFusion 10.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anit,

I just got to my home computer and tried to install ColdFusion 10 (w/o enbling the root user) and it's working. I also don't have java installed on this computer. What do you think the problem may be with the other computer?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jennifer,

That is great. Java is not a mandate for installation of ColdFusion. ColdFusion uses their own JRE.

Is the home computer, also a MAC.

jennifersychen wrote:

What do you think the problem may be with the other computer?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are both the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jennifer,

Please try the root user suggestion for the other MAC. If you still face any issue, please send an email to cfinstal@adobe.com.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help? I'm getting the same grey screen and I'm not able to install coldFusion 10 in iMac 10.8.3. This is urgent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way I am able to proceed is by clicking on the next, then clicking on Adobe ColdFusion 10 on the top left and hovering over "Service." This allows the screen to move to the next step and you have to do that every single time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation