• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble publishing a Presenter screen recording

Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping this screen capture (which appears when I try to publish a Presenter video recording) is familiar to someone...

The recording is pretty straightforward, just me talking over a PPT preso, with cutaways between screen, video, and split screen a la Dr. Partridge's videos on the subject.

I am running on a MacBook Air, Win7, Presenter 8.01 build 260, PPT 2010 and enough resources to run all other Adobe s/w, including Tech Comm Suite, with complex FrameMaker DITA to RoboHelp to EPUB output.

Any ideas on what might be hanging up my publishing?

Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 9.23.32 PM.png

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

It looks like you are working inside VMware. If this is the case, do the following :-

Shutdown your Windows VM

Go to View > settings > Display

Uncheck Accelerate 3D graphics

click ok

Switch on VM

Try the same Video Creator scenario

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Majoirity of such type of problems arise from outdated video/graphics card driver.

Please follow this checklist before recording any new video :-

• Are your video card driver is up to date? Please check whether you have the latest driver from the manufacturer�s site.  
  • Are all unnecessary applications closed?
  • Do you have sufficient free space on your hard disk? At least 5 GB is needed, but around 15 GB is recommended.
  • Are your webcam drivers up to date? It is recommended to install the webcam driver from the webcam cd or the webcam company�s site.
  • Are you capturing your video in a well-lit environment? Most webcams perform poorly in bad lighting.

Follow these steps to find your graphics card :

• Press (windows key + R) > type dxdiag and hit enter > go to Display tab of the window.

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Presenter Engg. Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Vikram, my video card is the one native to the MacBook Air, so not much I can do there...

However I did find there is an 8.0.2 update and I did download it. The problem is that after running, my Presenter version (PPT and Presenter were closed during the install) is still listed as 8.0.1.

I seem to have plenty of resources, and a video shot in reasonable lighting. Drivers seem to be up to date.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Actually, that is how the 8.0.2 patch works, it will show 8.0.1 only. To confirm the update, you can check the dll's digital signature date present in the Adobe > Presenter installation folder [dll file > right click]  . Date shouldn't be of July 2012, but later than that.

I don't think this patch will resolve your issue.

Even in Macbook, there would a Graphics Card, that Windows is using.

Follow these steps to find your graphics card :

• Press (windows key + R) > type dxdiag and hit enter > go to Display tab of the window.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the results of the dxdiag...any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 10.01.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-06-20 at 10.01.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are working inside VMware. If this is the case, do the following :-

Shutdown your Windows VM

Go to View > settings > Display

Uncheck Accelerate 3D graphics

click ok

Switch on VM

Try the same Video Creator scenario

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the tip.

It appears to have solved the problem, but the publishing is taking quite a while.

Do you have a sense of how long the publishing should take for a 15 minute project? I'm going on 20 minutes of processing and am at 62%.

Perhaps I'm spoiled with the speedy processing of the Flash-based outputs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Glad to hear that!

Publishing time is mostly dependent on the graphics card, as you are inside a VM, you are using virtual VM graphics adaptor, which won't process the video as in case of dedicated graphics cards like nVida, ATI etc.

In systems having dedicated graphics card with proper configuration, the  publish time is equal to or sometime even less than the total duration of the video.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any links to a "proper" pc configuration for video processing??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tech specs listed for Presenter would be what I would consider a good configuration: http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/tech-specs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jorma: Thx for the link, and apologies for not first checking there before asking.

My current config is lovely, but the MacBook Air is not terribly expandable...looks like it's time to go PC shopping...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, it's easy to miss. You shouldn't need too robust a PC. More than anything a good video card will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If the system has one GPU/graphics card, then installing the latest driver from manufacturer site is sufficient.

The problem mainly arises when the system has more than one graphics card and this issue is generally hardware centered. Some laptop manufacturers provide a button to switch between 2 GPUs, but in other it requires some sofisticated steps like this one http://superuser.com/questions/330568/how-can-i-determine-and-set-my-primary-graphics-card

If the system has Intel graphics card, then publishing will be slow as it an integrated GPU and not a dedicated GPUs like nVidia or ATI.

You have got a nice video there. You can futher embellish it by using themes features - Add presenter name/title, custom branding video, custom branding icons etc.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vikram, thanks for your quick response! It looks like you're right...the video converted steadily, though slowly!

Here's the link to the posted published content: http://bit.ly/130ziMI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources