• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

slight delay when clicking on a menu

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

obviously it's not big of a deal with small projects , but its quite annoying with working on

AE for stright 4 hours i had make a small video to show you what's

happening

http://www.dropbox.com/s/7ohljifj353sb96/AE_Issue.avi

a slight ( 1-2 secnods ) deley till the menu appears , its isntant in other CC apps

anyidea why is this happening ?

am windows 7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Check out the fix in the update, which has just been released:

http://bit.ly/AE_CC_12dot1_details

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks God, someone else with this problem. I mean, I am not happy you're experiencing it, but because I am not alone in this. In my case it's even worse. Sometimes everything works perfectly fine, and sometimes I need to wait like 2 seconds after clicking for menus to even open.

Same goes for some shortcuts on timeline, for example when I press U and want to reveal all keyframes on some specific layer, it's usually very fast, but sometimes it's slow as molasses.

I have to repeat, none other CC application is giving me this problem. AE CC only.

My PC configuration if it helps any (Windows 8 Pro with Media Center, 64-bit OS):

1) Video card: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.0 (x16), Dual DVI, HDMI, DirectX 11, SLI Ready

2) Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 95W, Fan, Unlocked

3) Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA1155), Intel Z77 Express, 1600MHz DDR3, SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, 8-Ch Audio, Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, PCIe 3.0, CrossFireX/SLI

4) Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 16GB Desktop Memory Module Kit - DDR3, 1600MHz, 2x8GB, CL10, 240 Pin, DIMM

5) Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 Power Supply - 750 Watts, ATX, 140mm Fan, 80 Plus Bronze, SLI Ready, Active PFC

6) Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Serial ATA Hard Drive - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

7) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe CPU Cooler R2, Intel 2011/1366/1156/1155/775 and AMD FM1/AM3+/AM3/AM2+/AM2 (RR-212E-20PK-R2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as before: You probably need to fiddle with the touch/ tablet settings in Windopws itself.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wasn't sure how to do that , but found guides on google and disabled them tablet/pen settings ( what if i was using a tablet anyway ? i do use a taplet mostly )

did not solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wwell, in your video it's clear that you have enbaled Windows' own tablet/ pen support and the menus thus align left. Try turning it off and see if it makes a difference.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never ever touched pen/tabled on my machine, let alone have anything installed. That's not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just saying.... With that out of the way, I'd check the GPU accelertation stuff in the prefs and turn it off. If there's a conflict with Windows' own hardware acceleration for drawing windows and otehr UI elements, AE may not be able to do its thing properly...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for staying with us and trying to find a solution for this problem. Yes, I tried both, hardware acceleration as well as without it. I have nVidia GTX 560 Ti (CUDA enabled). Unfortunately, same results.

Another thing... I just checked After Effects here in our studio on another machine, this time iMac late 2007. After Effects works perfectly fine, and even though there are some intermittent shut downs of some apps like MUSE, After Effects CC works flawlesly on our Macs.

Unfortunately, not the case with PC machines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use a customized Windows theme? Lots of fonts? A custom DPI setting? A very high-res monitor? It seems that the High-DPI support in CC apps for Retina & Co. has led to a resurgence of some ugly font/ UI related bugs...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Standard Windows 8 theme here. Fonts only ones that come with Windows since this is brand new machine (1 month old). Monitor is HDMI 1920x1080 (Full HD), not very high as you can see from this.

I've tried everything to no avail (computer technician by profession and working as Senior Animator last 6 years). What's puzzling, every single other CC app works great, not a single issue here on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually remember having this issue in CS6 when I was running a very large monitor.  Now that I'm on a smaller monitor, CS6 flies but CC is having the delay.

It definitely sounds like the new Retina support may be causing some of our issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if someone from Adobe could look into this because it's really slowing us down, and it's slowing us drastically. We're anxious, projects are suffering and clients are all but patient about this

If it's really Retina display features related, how come none of other apps is suffering from this, AE only (at least on our end)? Premiere Pro CC is, I would call it, the closest relative to After Effects, and on my end it works perfectly fine.

Edit: also, isn't Retina display connected with Apple machines? Nothing to do with PCs, and yet we have trouble with this on PCs only. Macs we use here don't have this problem with delay and super sluggishness I'm experiencing on my PC rig.

Message was edited by: SashaPP, edit section added at the bottom of the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great , i hope it gets fixed very soon

Best

Josef

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd_Kopriva wrote:

We're looking into this.

Great news! Thank you wholeheartedly! I've tried every single possible setting inside After Effects, and nothing made any difference, so I guess this needs to be fixed on app development level I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any news on this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You beat me by few seconds... I was wondering the same. Being anxious does not seem to help. We need action from Adobe. After Effects CC is useless in this state. I can't do anything, it's that slow. Not just menus, anything I do on the timeline. I find myself working in 5.5 more often than I thought possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll update this thread when there's news. We're looking into it.

Sasha, your issue is a different one. Please start a new thread about it. This thread is about the specific issue with delay when clicking a menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is same like everyone else's, only even worst. I have problem with menus and I stated that in my first post. On the top of that, like it's not enough, I have all other delay-after-click related issues. They are all connected, it's same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu click delay is a separate problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I have it, so that's why I am here with others trying to get someone to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the menu clicks being slow, it looks like the entire build on Windows is sluggish. I can't "page up" or "page down" through footage or use simple shortcuts like "tilde" to move around without significant delays. All PC's in my office are experiencing this issue. Only the Mac install seems to function properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues as others have mentioned in this thread.

It such an issue I've reverted back to using CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kutny wrote:

In addition to the menu clicks being slow, it looks like the entire build on Windows is sluggish. I can't "page up" or "page down" through footage or use simple shortcuts like "tilde" to move around without significant delays. All PC's in my office are experiencing this issue. Only the Mac install seems to function properly.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Everything is slow and sluggish to the point it's not very useful. And to me, it looks like there is some kind of buffer being filled, so more I use it, it gets slower and slower. On my PC (i5), every other CC app simply flies. It's beautiful! But AE gives me so much trouble at the moment. On Mac, so far everything works great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's been 5 days and we are still seeing this issue with the menu click delay, can we get an update on this?  Any idea when it will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines