Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install flash player

Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried to install adobe flash player several times all the links i am able to find, unfortanately unsuccessful.  i have doen the unistalling and repeated the instal process many times. it will go through the download and say installed on my Mac, an icon even appears on my desktop. And i am asked to close all open pages on safari.  I go to the Adobe web page and check the version of flash and it shows likei have nothing instlled please. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.8 3.06GHz Intel Core 13. And on Safari.   Please help! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the steps

- open safari

- Go to http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/

- - Download the installer on to the desktop.

- Close the safari browser

- Then install flash player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried that it, still not working. i dont know what else to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the instructions mentioned below..

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4041846#4041846#4041846

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue.  I use OSX 10.8.4 on 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and Safari 6.0.5.
I've tried several times of uninstalling and then installing the latest version with no success (restarting imac in between).

I've also tried deleting the files under Library mentioned above, but still unsuccessful. 

Upon installation, I always get the message saying the installation completed successfully, but when I check on the Adobe site, the screen remains black, indicating there is no flash player installed. 

Any other suggestions??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still havent been able to install it either.  have u had any luck? I need help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was able to solve the problem, thanks to Pat Willener's advice.  See the link below, I hope it helps.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5442544#5442544

Sorry it took me so long to reply...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried to install adobe flash player several times all the links i am able to find, unfortanately unsuccessful.  i have doen the unistalling and repeated the instal process many times. it will go through the download and say installed on my Mac, an icon even appears on my desktop. And i am asked to close all open pages on safari.  I go to the Adobe web page and check the version of flash and it shows likei have nothing instlled please. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.8 3.06GHz Intel Core 13. And on Safari.   Please help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the offline installer here: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

If it won't download directly, right click and "Save as"

Quit your browser (don't just close it - quit it - Cmd+Q)

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins

Trash the Flash Player.plugin file from there

Go to: Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe

Trash the Flash Player folder (the whole folder)

Empty the trash

Reboot

Mount the DMG and run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines