• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 8 Creative Cloud desktop failed to install

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to install the new CC applications all day on my video editing computer running Windows 8

When trying to update the Creative Cloud installer it would go to about 3/4 on the progress bar and the message: "We've encourtered the following issues: Creative Cloud desktop failed to install." would come up.

Following advice given on a discussion thread in these forums, I uninstalled all the Adobe CS6 apps rebooting each time and tried again to install CC apps again.  Installer gave the same error message.

Continuing to follow advice on these forums I downloaded the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool from Adobe and ran it. Then tried to install again.  Same error.

Now I'm on hold with tech support. This has been a complete waste of a day. Thanks Adobe.

Anyone else find some miraculous way to fix this problem?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run as an administrator with full access rights and disable anti-whatever first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it, exactly, that you suggest to run as an administrator? The Creative Cloud App? Because that's the only way to initiate the installation of the software. There's no direct access to a photoshopcc.exe to run as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2015 Dec 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whats Anti Whatever?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My apologies for the problems. Please drop me an email at bhatnaga@adobe.com. I'll try my best to resolve this.

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got my issue fixed (a lone .DLL file was not being deleted by uninstall program in old creative cloud app).  Once we got that deleted using the trusty old DOS cmd window, everything installed just fine! 

Thanks to Anirudh at Adobe for sticking with me to fix this issue.  Looking forward to editing in Premiere CC this weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you tell me wich dll? I got same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was CoreSync_v_1_1_0_x64.dll located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync. If it is a 32 bit system, the dll may be CoreSync_v_1_1_0_x86.dll. To check if you are facing the same problem, try deleting it manually. If it doesn't and tells that windows explorer has it locked, then you have the same problem. There is a bit of a tricky procedure to delete this file in such a case. You need to kill process tree of explorer.exe from task manager. Then from within task manager itself, click on File and then Run new task. In the prompt that comes, type cmd and check the box to Create this task with administrative privilidges. Now, click on OK. in command prompt that opens type the following command and press enter:

del "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync\CoreSync_v_1_1_0_x64.dll"

For 32 bit system, type following command and then press enter:

del "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\CoreSync\CoreSync_v_1_1_0_x86.dll"

Now type explorer in command prompt and press enter to get windows explorer back. You can get the creative cloud app from creative.adobe.com and then it run it to get the Creative cloud desktop app back.

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with this Coresync file not deleting. I am not a techie, but a photographer, and am totally stuck as to how to deal with the task manager. I have found it, and found the Exporer.exe file, but haven't a clue how to do the tree bit Please, can anyone help? My workflow is shafted until I get my head around this. I rang Adobe, and spoke to a Derek Marshall in sales, who was unbelievably rude. Tried technical support, and got cut off twice.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had problems installing too, every time Adobe updates the program. The fix in my case was always to temporarily disable Kaspersky anti-virus. Works every time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very much all at sea when it comes to computer gliches, the situation was resolved with the very helpful resource of bhatnaga knowledge. If I understood what happened correctly 'CC Desktop' was installed and from there it seemed to be plain sailing. Something most everyone else probably could have worked out but my computer illiteracy was the stumbling block. So a very big thankyou from me to bhatnaga for his generous help!!!

Many thanks also to everyone else for their suggestions!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks emmaberks for your response, have posted a response in the discussion forum. Cheers. Oz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am very unhappy with this product. Looks like I have to pay a tech to sort it. All I want to do is edit pictures, ps6 would work for me. If there was an alternative to Adobe, right now I would be sticking two fingers up. Really not happy about this at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the tech that sorted out emmaberks computer and can't believe that your technical support line which emma tried to phone a few times was unable to resolve her problem.

Maybe you should work on your uninstall programs so they don't leave behind locked files in the first place.

Emma is a photographer and not a technican, so why don't Adobe provide remote support using something like Teamviewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with win8. I'm curious to what the actual errors you're having and if they're the same as mine. I get about 6 errors, related to permissions with font installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having permission errors or font errors. I can't even get the Creative Cloud installer to install.  Even after I uninstalled everything and ran the Adobe cleaner it still gives me the same "We've encourtered the following issues: Creative Cloud desktop failed to install."

Everything installed fine on my Windows 8 laptop.  But the CC installer won't even finish installing on my Windows 8 desktop. Hard to believe they didn't run up against this issue in beta. This is a show stopper for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm, the older CC installer worked just fine on my win8 laptop with all the CS6 apps.  The new CC installer also installed fine, but every CC software I try to install from it fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resolution, for my particular problem, was that there were some adobe-related services running in the background that had a lock on some of the fonts. Killing all those services allowed apps to finish installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

`Having the same issue. Tells me I need to have Administrator priviledges to install the Adobe App Manager. I'm the only user on the machine. I've restarted, tried to force quit anything Adobe related, and now this.

Windows 8

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having similar problems. First, could not even download the install from Win8/IE, then from chrome, I get "Adobe Application manager failed to install"

I would like a refund!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the end of the process a small box appeared and all it said was 'Application Manager failed to install'. There was no mention about Administrator or anything else. Both computers are 64 bit operating systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried running Creative Cloud as administrator and that solved the problem for me. I'm running Windows 8.

You can find the file here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC.

If you need help to do this:

Right-click on Creative Cloud.exe and choose Properties. Click the Compatibility tab and check the box next to "Run this program as administrator."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case I just deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ folder and off it went... Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Did what you said and it still crashes.

Is there a human I can talk to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shame adobe sells products to the generl public but assumes everyone is a computor genius just to be able to install them. i haven't had a user friendly adobe product yet, cc doesn't install on windows 8 and i'm sick of adobes lack of interest in its customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines