• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player not working.

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently downloaded latest version of Flash Player to my Mac. Now I cannot open any videos on Facebook or other web sites. I get message saying that Flash Player is required, when I try to download from the link it says Flash Player already installed, yet it does not work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue.  I use OSX 10.8.4 on my imac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.  Safari is  6.0.5.  I've tried uninstall and reinstall.  I also deleted flash player files from Library before reinstalling it.  Repeated this procesures several times.  None of it worked.  The installation process seems to end successfully, at least I get the message saying it was installed, but it doesn't work and sure enough, when I check on the adobe site, the flash player screen remains blank. 

I would appreciate it if you have any other suggestions other than just uninstall and reinstall.  I can't run the e-learning session without flash player, and it's quite frustrating...

And, it seems there are quite a few people having the same problem in the last few days from browsing through this help site.  I wonder why. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have enough Mac OS knowledge to help you any more with this.  The only additional thing I can suggest is to check if the Shockwave Flash plugin is enabled in your browser.

[Hello from a fellow Tokyoite!]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I turned off the plugins and java script setting on safari, restarted safari then turned on both plugins and java script again, and it worked!!

Thank you so much for your advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines