• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-select in Photoshop CC selects layers within locked or hidden groups

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't be the only one who thinks it's nuts that when 'auto-select > layers' is selected and i drag to select a bunch of layers, i also select layers that are turned off and/or locked, can i?

i just confirmed that this IS not the case with CS6 -- locked or hidden layers are not selected upon dragging to select exposed layers.

is this a bug, or a bit of new functionality that i am failing to grasp? i did notice that in CC, on right-click there is the new option to "isolate layers", but this seems to just isolate & unclutter layers within the layers panel.

i would greatly appreciate some insight and possible solutions to this issue.

thank you.

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

after latest update - this issue is resolved for me!
congratulations!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate the behavior you are describing. If I hide a layer, it is not selected if I drag to select other layers. Same with a locked layer.

We're going to need more information. What OS are you working on? I'm on Mac 10.8.4. What does your layer structure look like (screen shot)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just create few layers with objects of any kind and put one of them into folder - then make folder "hidden" and try to select layers with pressed CMD on Mac (CTRL for win) and you will find that layers in hidden (or even if you lock it) folder are also being selecteed. That's the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brett: thanks for responding. i'm on the same OS & everything. looks like this is a real issue and i desperately hope it gets priority in being resolved. the only practical workaround seems to be to not use PS CC and stick with CS6 until this gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, brett; 

can we expect a fix for this soon? i'm on a 30-day trial of photoshop CC and this bug renders it effectively unusable for me.
i'd really like to have a chance to use the new program, but i think my 30 days will be up by the time a fix is released.

can tell me if any action is being taken to solve this issue, and if so, when can we expect a fix..... and also, will i be able to restart my 30-day trial period (since i can't use CC at all now)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experiencing same problem.

I was working 2 hours with same behavior like before CC using folders for webpages and subfolders for actions (or hover) and after !!! 2 hours I found that all things in another (hidden folders) are deleted ((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.. CC selects layers in hidden folders(( i cant work whith this, becouse i have a lot of hidden folders (website design)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, While the bug is being worked on, I would disable auto-select and use the CMD+right-click contextual menu, to select them by name, and only those below the cursor, it is IMHO a smarter auto-select...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so there were details not explained in the original post required to recreate the issue. The problem occurs when the layers THEMSELVES are not locked or hidden, but the group (folder) they are within is hidden or locked. Which is why I wasn't able to recreate the issue in the first place. I was only testing this using layers, not groups. Now that I know to test with groups, I am able to recreate the behavior. But we do see in the Feedback site (the place to report bugs) that this has been reported and logged and is being worked on. But, as always, we can't talk about future releases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But we do see in the Feedback site (the place to report bugs) that this has been reported and logged and is being worked on.

Where is this feedback-site you mention?

BTW: this is a huge bug that should be fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2013 Jul 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...how long until this is fixed, I just upgraded my mac and updated to Adobe CC, and this selecting of all the vector points and hidden groups/layers is driving me insane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC has been updated with bug fixes last week but this issue still not resolved ((((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC has not had any updates yet.

What you have seen are updates to other components sort of related to Photoshop CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see! When we could expect update with bug fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2015 Feb 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Upgrading to the creative cloud versions and Paying a monthly fee, this issue has made my workflow nye impossible to work with in photoshop. This needs to be adressed as in yesterday. This is not a small bug this is HUGE.

If this cannot be fixed or wont be for a while I would ask if there is a way to convert my CC account into a CS6 account because CC is useless like this. I would prefer to go to CS6 suite so i can work with the tools not fight with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed. it seems like this should be a priority bug. it essentially renders photoshop cc useless for those of us that would be greatly inconvenienced were we to have to "disable auto-select and use the CMD+right-click contextual menu".

this is supremely frustrating as i am using a trial version of CC that is just about expired and doubt adobe will give me another 30 days when this issue does eventually get addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have cc complete acount you are able to use cs6 version apps as well. Just download em and use. I using Photoshop CS6 now because of the issue in this topic((( waiting for bug fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can i download the cs6 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're creative cloud user you should see photoshop cs6 available for you to download in your cc cabinet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It is impossible to work with this. I have like 60 layers! I hope that they will fix this soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2013 Aug 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurry up Adobe, big bug, little fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an expected date for this to be fixed?  Really don't want to have to download Photoshop CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2013 Aug 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, as everybody here, i have a lot of trouble to work with this new feature which in my opinion does not make any sens. I am also very surprised that such a serious company like adobe does no do anything to fix it even after 2 months of complains all over the web. What do we have to do to get an official answer and a fix ? Is it that difficult to make that new feature optionnal ? Please do something quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines