• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - unable to acquire LMS API,

Enthusiast ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error - unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded.  Please contact technical support.

Using a trial version of Captivate 7, is this error strictly because ita a trial?

R

TOPICS
Getting started , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

There is no difference between a full version and a trial version in terms of features.

Have you uploaded your project to the LMS or just viewing it locally? (Upload it to LMS and then check whether you still get the same error).

I believe you have checked enable reporting, in Quiz preferences and made it SCORM compliant? (please let me know if it's not the case)

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Varun -

I am also getting this error, using the full version of Captivate 7. The course is set up for SCORM 1.2 and we are using slide views 100% with no quiz. 

The content plays but we receive the "unable to acquire LMS API."  I am playing the content out of our Oracle LMS...

I've loaded other Captivate 7 courses into OLM and they work; however those courses are using a quiz. 

This is the first time we've tried with just slide views in Captivate 7.  In previous versions of captivate we have been able to publish courses with slide views only and it worked....our settings are set up the same as previous projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

If you have checked enable reporting and set up the course for SCORM 1.2, then while locally publishing and viewing the course you will get that prompt, but this should not happen after publishing the course to SCORM 1.2 compliant LMS.

Are you getting this prompt after publishing it to the LMS?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources