• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Silent Autoupdate from local server not working.

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2013 Jun 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've setup Flash player to Autoupdate silently from one of our localserver using the mms.cfg file.  I have the following lines:

AutoUpdateDisable=0

AutoUpdateInterval=0

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=1

SilentAutoUpdateServerDomain=flashupdate.scotborders.sch.uk

The server is scheduled to pick up the latest update.z files each day and is working fine but the clients don't seem to be updating from the server.

Windows 7 32 bit.

mms.cfg placed in the system32 folder.

Flash installs fine and is working but I know the version is slightly older and should be updated.

The install log file hasn't changed for over a week.  Any reason why this wouldn't even try to update?

I'm using version 11.7.xx.xx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

enabled Verboselogging in the mms.cfg file. The log file now reads the following when run.  I'm thinking it's maybe a setting on the iis server. Forgot to add, I created a self signed cert I've added this to the server "Root Cert Auth" and station.

013-6-18+8-48-0.110 [info] 1615

2013-6-18+8-48-0.125 [info] 1618

2013-6-18+8-48-0.125 [info] 1604

2013-6-18+8-48-0.125 [info] 1608

2013-6-18+8-48-0.172 [warning] 1411

2013-6-18+8-48-0.172 [warning] 1409

2013-6-18+8-48-0.172 [info] 1612

2013-6-18+8-48-0.188 [info] 1620

2013-6-18+9-23-7.786 [info] 1628 flashupdate.scotborders.sch.uk

2013-6-18+9-23-7.786 [info] 1629 flashupdate.scotborders.sch.uk

2013-6-18+9-23-7.786 [info] 1614

2013-6-18+9-23-7.786 [info] 1615

2013-6-18+9-23-7.786 [info] 1618

2013-6-18+9-23-7.786 [info] 1608

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found this from a previous post.

The warning 1409 means that the version.xml file could not be parsed. This usually means that a SSL connection could not be established. Another indicator for this is warning 1411 which indicates that the version node could not be found in the version.xml. Another option is that your xml file is not in a valid format.

To rule out problems with your self-signed certificate, please follow the instructions here and let us know if that fixed it: http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2012/04/rights-management-how-to-get- windows-7-to-trust-a-self-sig...

I'll look at this further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning,

I've been looking at the previus post 4379612, one user had the exact same issue an me, unfortunately after making sure all self signed cerificates are trusted, client and server I still have the same error.  I run the update service as Admin so no permission restrictions here.

I re-downloaded the latest XML files and install files and placed them on the webselver just incase any corrupt files.

I can't really see all that much information in terms of logs, Does anyone have a list of what the error logs actualy mean?

No further forward.  Any comments or suggestions Admins/Adobe Experts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can suggest is that you send a PM to Chris Campbell, and ask him if someone from the installer team can have a look at this topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat, I've sent Chris a PM, hopefully he can help me further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quick update, i managed to get the client updating.

The issue I had was:

We have in place a proxy server, I created an entry in the proxy bypass list to bypass the proxy for this local address but this didn't work as the updateservice doesn't check the bypass proxy list.  So when I checked the http trafic using wireshark I found the destination address for mydomain.blah was going to the wrong address.

Turns out if you want to set background services to use proxy settings or bypass proxy settings I had to run a cmd that pulls the data from IE then sets this into the registry.

Win 7

from the cnd line i tryped "netsh winhttp import proxy source=ie"

This pulled the data from IE and placed it in the HKLM\Software\microsoft\Currentversion\internetsettings\connections  and placed it in the "WinHttpsettings" DWord 

once I re-ran the AdobeUpdateService.exe adobe updated me to the latest version apart from the Firefox plugin.  I rebooted and run the update.exe again and Firefox was then updated.

for more information on winHTTP check out this link.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb430772%28v=exchg.141%29.aspx

I hope this helps someone else, spent a fair bit of this on this problem.  Maybe adobe should make it clear in the guid that if you have a proxy server and are looking to setup a local webserver for updates this could be a potential issue.

I'll create either an applciation that runs this cmd on all stations or via group policy. 

This should be the easy bit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent info!  Thank you for posting this.  I'll forward this along to the installer team for their review.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just to add...

probably don't need an internal server now!  Because the autoupdate service now picks up the proxy settings from the registry this would actually go out and download the updates from the adobe site if I set the  mms.cfg file to do so.  I beleive the entire internal solution was based on the fact that users with proxy servers had issues with the autoupdate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines