• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Keyboard Shortcuts

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to import keyboard settings from cs6 into cc?

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no 'import' functionality as such.  You'd have to find the .kys file from CS6 and transfer it to the proper CC folder.

Do note that the default shortcuts seem to have changed a bit from CS6, so it may be worthwhile to go through them and change them again by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac, the keyboard settings file is in the Library > Application Support > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 6.0. I put my CS6 keyboard shortcuts file in the new 7.0 folder but that didn't work. Where should the keyboard setting file go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Tried putting the .kys file into the 7.0 folder, but it's not showing up inside CC. Looking forward to exploring new features, but would LOVE to not have to re-enter all my custom shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible things have really changed, maybe to accommodate the new Sync feature, and old files just won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a little cheat sheet of keyboard shortcuts for myself. I mention it in my post here:

http://www.thebeehive.jp/brian/blog/2013/06/25/premiere-pro-creative-cloud/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Stu already straightened this out but the reason Peter's method false for a lot of users is that the location has changed since he posted that in 2013. So to be clear, in CC 2015...

Copy your .kys file from the previous version's Profile/OS location -- which will vary depending on which version that is and which OS you have, but most configs have been covered in previous posts within this thread.

Then paste your custom KYS to...

WIN

Root://Users/[username]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/9.0/Profile-CreativeCloud-/Win

MAC

[username]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/9.0/Profile-CreativeCloud-/Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 03, 2016 May 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also want to check Preset and customizable keyboard shortcuts in Premiere Pro CC for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a hassle that should be much easier than it is. This is why I hate updating, everything's in a new location, the documentation is squirrely and hard to find, and often lacks an easy-to-find freshness date so the tips may or may not work for my version. I don't see how Cloud is alleviating this problem. Grouch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to access your Premiere Pro CS6 keyboard shortcuts in Premiere Pro CC do the following steps:

For Windows:

Copy your .kys file from

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\6.0

and paste to

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\7.0\Profile-[username]\Win

Mac:

Copy your .kys file from

/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Premiere Pro/6.0

and paste to

/Users/[username]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/7.0/Profile-[username]/Mac

Peter Garaway

Adobe

Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Win 7, 64 PC, I do not have a Documents folder!

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\7.0\Profile-dmglab\Win

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 08, 2013 Oct 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a PC window's 7 and it didn't work for me either.

I made a temporary keyboard layout, and then searched my windows system to find out where it lived. It lived here:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\7.0\Profile-CreativeCloud-\Win

I copied my CS6 .kys file to there, and they worked after quitting and restarting PPr CC.

As a note, I got this probably because I signed up for setting sync on Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!

But not when I followed your path. I had to copy the .kys file into this exact folder:

/Users/[username]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/7.0/Profile-CreativeCloud-/Mac

To find the Library folder in MacOSX 10.8.4 I had to follow the description i post#29 here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4409232#4409232

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Mac, and while it 'worked'- ie showed up in the keyboard prefs module, none of my custom settings remained [ that I could find anyway.

I'm going ahead and using the new PP prefs as a base, and manually reseting all my prefs. all day.

Too bad this isnt more streamlined- as custom prefs are an intimate thing that users get quite attached to.

Happy that the window layouts came over nicely though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the file is now in:

[username]/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/7.0/Profile-CreativeCloud-/Mac

- worked for me and I used it to get my keys in PP CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2014 Aug 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.  Don't understand why some Adobe software has an automatic or "click to migrate" function, and others don't, but oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stu Mannion - This worked for me (.kys was under my user name/Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wowwww, thanks....

it worked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do this but of importing the custom keyboards from old version to new but in Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Victor Gonzales wrote:

How do this but of importing the custom keyboards from old version to new but in Illustrator?

I don't understand what you are asking. You should probably ask it again in the Illustrator forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to PPro CC 10.3, then figured out how to get my keyboard shortcuts to show up in the dropdown menu. Now that I did, it's saying they are incompatible (see screenshot). This seems like a major bug! As much as I like upgrading, this makes it rough.

Appreciate any help!

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 6.09.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's indicating that you switched between mac and win at some point after making your Keyboard Shortcuts (KBS)? Did you? Which previous version of PrPro are you migrating you KBS from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response! Yes I switched to Mac about 2 weeks ago, and since then have been working in PrPro CC 2015 (the one previous to 10.3)...I had to make new keyboard shortcuts when I did that. So those are the ones I can't get back. 

I'm customizing them again little by little (it's not that much change from default), but next time I upgrade I would like to avoid the time suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines