• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can RoboHelp 9.1 be upgraded to roboHelp 6?

Feb 19, 2007 Feb 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have roboHelp 9.1. Can I upgrade directly to RoboHelp 6?

Thanks in advance.

Jennifer Bennett
Technical Writer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In terms of the licence, you will have to pay the full price rather than the upgrade price. At least, that was how it used to work. There should be more about that on the Adobe site.

However, I think you probably mean will your projects still work? The theory is that you can upgrade any version project to any version and I haven't seen any issues being reported on that front.

I would actually be interested in seeing how well that works so here's an exclusive offer for you. How big is your project zipped up? Would you be willing to send it to me? Don't send it just yet. Let me have that information first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I did mean upgrade in terms of license/price. I was afraid that paying full price would be the case, as there have been several versions of RoboHelp between 9.1 and 6.

What versions were after 9.1? did it go 3X, 4X, 5X, then 6?

I no longer have the project files for the project I finished in 2001, with version 9.1, just the compiled Help file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer

Here's how it played out:

9.1 (11/2000)
9.2 ( 06/2001)
2002 (11/2001)
2002 R2 (04/2002)
X3 (09/2002)
X3.1 (05/2003)
X4.1 (07/2003)
X5 (01/2004)
6 (01/2007)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked out the RoboHelp FAQ. This looks promising:

"If you own a license of any previous version of RoboHelp, RoboHelp Office, RoboHelp Office Pro, RoboHelp Help Office Pro for .NET, or RoboInfo, you can upgrade to Adobe RoboHelp 6 for US$499."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 20, 2007 Feb 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jennifer,

Yes, you can upgrade from *any* version of RoboHelp to version 6. My suggestion to you is to download the demo version and see if you like it and see how your project reacts to it.

Thank you,

Bobby Walker
Adobe Technical Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2007 Feb 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bobby

A point none of us are quite sure on is whether Macromedia's old policy of only the previous two versions qualifying for the upgrade price applies? Is that still the case or does any previous version qualify please?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 27, 2007 Feb 27, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
Hi Bobby

A point none of us are quite sure on is whether Macromedia's old policy of only the previous two versions qualifying for the upgrade price applies? Is that still the case or does any previous version qualify please?

Hi Bobby,
I'm still interested in finding out if the RoboHelp 6 upgrade can be purchased and used to upgrade RoboHelp 9.1. This is a new project I am starting, so I won;t be upgrading an actual RoboHelp 9.1 project. I need to know how much it will cost to upgrade 9.1.

Thanks!

Jennifer Bennett
Technical Writer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2007 Feb 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Jennifer,

You can upgrade from any version of RoboHelp and only pay the upgrade price, which is $499 on our web site.

Thank you,

Bobby Walker
Adobe Technical Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp