Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Buttons not appearing when published

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2007 Feb 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,
I have never had this problem before with RoboHelp. I work as a contractor in many different companies and I can't say that RoboHelp is always setup and configured the same way each time.

I am currently using version 5.0.2 and I am using a skin that I have modified with the company colours etc. When I preview the skin, it all looks fine, but when I generate/publish the previous, next, sync and close buttons above the contents do not appear.

Does anyone know why and what I can do to fix this. Like I said, it's never happened to me before on any other RoboHelp projects. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bad breath and welcome to our community

Perhaps the following link will help. Pay close attention to the section labeled "Parting thoughts".

Click here to view the article

Post back if you still have questions after persuing the article.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick reply Rick. I managed to get the next and previous buttons to appear after following the steps in the linked article, but I still can't get the sync and close buttons to appear. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I attempted to allude to this in the article. Essentially, here is how you coax them to show. For the Sync TOC button, if you expand the Single Source Layouts pseudo folder, then right-click the WebHelp layout and choose properties from the context menu, you should see several dialogs. Click the Next > button and look at the "Synchronize TOC" option. To the right of this option is a drop-down. If you see "Automatically" listed there, this means the Sync TOC icon will not appear in the mini toolbar. So to coax it to show, change Automatically to Manually.

The close button is a bit of a mystery. I've never known it not to be present. This makes me wonder what browser and version you may be using.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have got it working in IE version 6 but it just won't work in Firefox version 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2007 Feb 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You need to patch the output for Firefox.

Look back in this forum for threads on Firefox, Navigation bars, TOC, browser problems.

If you can't find it, post back here.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp