• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cp7 How to edit correct/incorrect/incomplete captions when they're stacked

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is day one with Adobe Captivate for me. I searched everywhere for an answer with no luck. It's probably obvious but go easy on me...

When I insert a new Multiple Choice Quiz Slide, there are default captions for correct, incorrect and incomplete. (see pic below) By default, the captions are stacked on top of each other. How do I edit the text of the captions underneath the caption on top on a slide by slide basis. My idea was to change the incorrect caption for each slide to indicate the correct answer. I figured there was some way to access these captions through the menu or perhaps something like a control-click but I can't figure it out.

Of course, I could just reposition them on the page but I like them where they are. I could move them, edit them and put them back... but I'm thinking NO. There's got to be a better way. Please keep in mind that I don't want to change the default message for the caption. I want to edit the "incorrect" caption on a slide by slide basis.

Maybe there's another way to accomplish what I want to do. Maybe the answer is obvious and I just missed it. Please help me out! I've been trying out Captivate for about 8 hours straight and my brain is fried. Thanks!

quiz1.png  quiz2.png

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Normally only the Incomplete and Correct caption are stacked for me, the Incorrect is not in the same place, right? ecause I don't get the situation you showed in the first screenshot, I suspect the Incorrect caption is at the bottom of the stack. Because there is no way to hide temporarily the Incorrect caption in a quick way (can be done but is cumbersome)

In the Options accordion of the Quiz Properties panel, you can temporarily hide the Incomplete caption and th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Normally only the Incomplete and Correct caption are stacked for me, the Incorrect is not in the same place, right? ecause I don't get the situation you showed in the first screenshot, I suspect the Incorrect caption is at the bottom of the stack. Because there is no way to hide temporarily the Incorrect caption in a quick way (can be done but is cumbersome)

In the Options accordion of the Quiz Properties panel, you can temporarily hide the Incomplete caption and the Correct caption, edit the Incorrect caption, then make the Correct visible again, edit it and last make the Incomplete visible.

Another approach is like you showed to move them. Afterwards you can put everything in place quickly:

• put the Correct caption in place (you can use Align toolbar or right-click menu
  • using the Transform accordion in the Properties panel of the correct caption, click on the small curved arrow top right, and from that menu choose Apply to all items of this type; all Correct captions will then be in the same place but will have the same size as well! So be careful to choose the biggest caption

Same work flow to put everything in place for Incorrect, Incomplete captions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Temporarily hiding the incomplete caption works great. It's much better than manually moving the incomplete caption out of the way and then back!

For me, the correct (bottom), incorrect (middle) and incomplete (top) captions are all stacked directly on top of each other when I add a new quiz slide. The first picture in my original post shows them stacked on top of each other. (of course, you can only see the incomplete caption.) I'm using a freshly downloaded copy of Cp7 on Windows.

Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is strange, maybe due to the resolution you are using for your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources