• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jpedal.jar for ColdFusion 9.0.1 Cumulative Hotfix 4

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following tech note for ColdFusion 9.0.1 Cumulative Hotfix 4 has been updated with instructions for jpedal.jar.
http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/cumulative-hotfix-4-coldfusion-901.html

How does this affect you:
If your ColdFusion server was not patched with Cumulative Hotfix 2 prior to applying Cumulative Hotfix 4, you would need to download the JPedal.zip file. See the Step #12 in the tech note link above for more details.

If your ColdFusion server was already patched with Cumulative Hotfix 2 before you applied Cumulative Hotfix 4, you already have the correct file and need not do anything.
Failing to replace the jar file may lead to a broken Fonts Managment page in the CF administrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piyush,

There is a problem with this jPedal library in the way that it renders images from PDF documents.  I have an example PDF document in which a white image that is layered above a colored image renders transparently when the entire document is converted to an image. 

I used the jPedal library that was originally shipped with CF9 and it works fine; this hotfix and the jPedal library that ships with CF10 do not work.  Is there any way that you can get a newer version of jPedal?  I can send you an example of what is happening.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some more information about what is happening:

I have a relatively simple PDF.  It is located at:

https://drop.atti.com/drops/d3dd5a4b73c5ec42b4250c06fbe1621

As you can see, there is a colored circle, and inside it is a white icon.  These were created by layering images.

Using jPedal getPageAsHiRes(), the image is converted to a PNG.  The PNG file can be found here:

https://drop.atti.com/drops/b40ed6c1807bde637919f415ae1e6397

As you can see, the white icon was converted to transparency in the conversion.

This behavior does NOT happen with a previous jPedal version that was shipped with ColdFusion 9.  It occurs with the version that ships with CF10 as well as the CF9 Hotfix version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone from Adobe read these forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Occasionally, but not officially.

If you need to open a support ticket with them, you need to actually do that: open a support ticket.

These forums are basically community-driven.

I saw your questions, but did not know the answers, so ignored them I'm afraid.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

registered as bug #3584640.   To users who don't use jPedal directly, it affects cfpdf, action="thumbnail" also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation