Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

add a thought bubble to 5.5, add shapes

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have not been using Adobe 5.5 for some time and seem to have forgotten a lot of the basics. 

1- how do you get the tool box to appear? (I want to add colored shapes I can add text to)

2- how do you add a thought bubble you can add text to?

Thank you, I appreciate your help,

Sandra

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The tool box playbar is part of the normal Classic Workspace.  If you do not see it, go to Window > Object Toolbar and select it.

Once you have the toolbar up, look for the item that shows either a diagonal line, oval, rectangle or polygon.  If the one you are seeing is not the type of shape you want to add, drag diagonally on the item with your mouse to get the flyout menu to appear.
toolbar_shapes.png

Captivate 5.5 doesn't have much in the way of thought bubbles that can be added.  Captivate 6 and later give you more latitude with Smart Shapes.

There's one you can find inside the SWF Animations under:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5.5\Gallery\SWF Animation\Others

Apart from that, I usually just create one in PowerPoint and save it as a graphic to insert into Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources