• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Godaddy pro reseller vs. Partner with BC

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the building process of my little web studio, but since I have the CC subscription maybe it would make a lot more sense to move everything over to BC.

Just need a push.

thanks in advance,

Steve

703-314-3010

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve,

It really depends on your clientele.  BC is great for building a business' first website and to incorporate things like email campaigns, in-context site editing, secure zones and eCommerce.

If your client has a very specific eCommerce setup that isn't covered in the BC eCommerce suite then since BC is a proprietary system and you cannot code server-side processes to customize a lot of it, you might need to use another solution for eCommerce.

If I were you I would try to adapt most of your clients to BC since using BC will cut your development and design time over a traditional PHP development setup.  But in order to do some advanced things on BC sometimes we need to have a subdomain off the main domain for a client that is a standard PHP setup.

I've been using Heroku's free PHP hosting for some of my client sites for those cases so I'm not paying for it but if it's a highly frequented site you might have to pay Heroku so that your PHP hosting doesn't crash (the free account has limited resources).

You could also do a reseller account too and have a BC account and reseller account but I don't recommend GoDaddy for hosting. Their domain name services are great but I would use a reseller account elsewhere.  I used a place called http://railsplayground.net before and I can say they have great support and uptime.  For $20 - $25 a month you can have a very substantial reseller setup using the standard CPanel/WHM to manage your account.

If you do plan to use BC for clients you need to be a paid partner.  Paid partners get to have a partner portal where they can setup their own billing prices, create new customer sites and rebrand the whole BC solution for their customer's admin areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank u for taking the time and providing great food for thought. I think

I will give BC a go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines