• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie here! How do I edit a Captivate video (eLearning Suite 6.1) using Audition?

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a video (my first - woohoo!) using Captivate and need to edit the narration. I have tried opening the video in Audition but it does not recognise the .cpvc file type. I want to see the video running while i modify the narration. How do I do this? I am using eLearning Suite 6.1 so i guess there must be some form of user-friendly integration as both products are part of the suite.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching Adobe Community.

You can import the audio to the Video demo (CPVC) by clicking on Audio > Import to > Video Narration or on the right hand side under Properties pane Expand the audio option and click Add Audio. Choose the audio file and click save.

Now if you want to edit the audio in Audition click Edit audio on the right hand side and under the Edit Audio window choose Adobe Audition.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this reply. This method opens the sound file but i still don't seem to be able to see the video in Audition. As such i can't sync the new narration to the visuals. How do I get the video to open in Audition as well as the voice track? Or can't this be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As Audition is a dedicated sound editing application I'd be shocked to discover it also allowed presenting video.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rick,  might be your day to get a shock!  Audition CAN indeed do this.

Take a look at this link:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/audition/cs/using/WS58a04a822e3e5010548241038980c2c5-7e3f.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, color me shocked!

I'm guessing that Adobe is headed toward a single application that will be called quite simply "Adobe". It will just read your mind and sense what you want to do!

Thanks for the pointer, Rod!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually even Audition's predecessor, Soundbooth, used to be able to do this too. 

Photoshop also has some capability to edit video as well: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/understanding-adobe-photoshop-cs6/editing-video-in-photoshop-cs6/

The lines are getting a bit blurred I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks Rod ... while scouring the net for newbie help I knew i'd seen this functionality somewhere. Nudge in the right direction appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources