• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cp7 Does Captivate have an "auto adjust font size to fit box" feature?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my second day working with Captivate. I was wondering if there is a feature that automatically ajusts the font size to fit the box it's in. I'm creating a quiz and I'm manually adjusting the font size so it will fit in the question and answer boxes. There are 70 questions and adjusting the font size manually is tedious. It would be really great if there was a way to automatically adjust the font size during a GIFT import. Some of my questions are really long like this:

::Question 18::

You are determining the contract type for a new engagement. Based on the available diagnostic information, you come to the following conclusions:

• There is uncertainty about a majority of the requirements
  • There is a significant gap between a large set of requirements and your Microsoft Dynamics solution
  • Your project team is not familiar with the customers's industry
  • Your customer is not familiar with implementation projects and business software

Which contract type should you recommend?

{

~A. Fixed price

=B. Time and Material

~C. Fixed Price for Analysis and Design, Estimate for Development and Deployment

~D. Estimate for Analysis and Design, Fixed Price for Development and Deployment

}

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate does not have this option.  In Edit > Preferences > Defaults there are a couple of options to Autosize Buttons and Autosize Captions.  But neither of these will automatically adjust the font size, only the physical size of the object required to accommodate the amount of text.  Is that what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to keep the object the same size and have Captivate automatically adjust the font size to fit the object. I think it's strange Captivate doesn't have this feature. O' well... just a little more work on my end. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To tell the truth, the existing Auto Adjust preferences have never been very popular.  I always advise people to turn them off. It can be really annoying when you find that your carefully positioned and sized captions are changed just because you made some small edit later.

But if you think autosizing of fonts would be a good idea too, by all means log an enhancement request with Adobe.  There's a link to the form page on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources