• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.7 and newer CRASHES IE 9 and Firefox on Windows 7

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've read the title, you know where I'm at.  Flash crashes as soon as any page with Flash content is visited.  A popular suggestion is to disable Hardware Acceleration, but I cannot do that as the player never loads far enough to let me to do that.

Here's what I've tried so far:

- Uninstalled flash using the Uninstaller tool, verified that both Plugin and ActiveX versions of Flash were gone.  Then did a re-install.

- Cleared Flash cache data (from the Control Panel applet)

- Cleared browser caches from both browsers

- Disabled Protected Mode in both system32 and sysWOW64 locations using the mms.cfg file

What HAS worked:

- Downgrading the Plugin version (Firefox) to version 10.3.

NOTE:  I cannot install the ActiveX (IE) version to 10.3, as installer quits when it finds that there's a newer version available for download!  Additionally, I cannot find a repository for previous versions of Adobe Flash Player ANYWHERE anymore.  Adobe's Website, OldApps.com and FileHippo.com...  none of them offer previous version of Flash anymore.  It was a miracle I was able to find the 10.3 installers.  Apparently, it's the latest version or nothing.  This does my client precisely zero good.

Unfortunately, this is a client's computer that I'm doing remote support with, so I don't have constant access to it.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please apply the steps mentioned in the below link

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4323109#4323109

Also you can find all archived verion of flash player using this link  http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick.  I ran the script (as Administrator), rebooted, reinstalled Flash Player.  Crash.  So then I re-ran the script (as Administrator), rebooted again.  Crash!

I have Firefox running FlashPlayer 10.3 and that works.  As I mentioned, the ActiveX installer for FlashPlayer 10.3 finds a newer version available and won't install.  The only option is to quit.  I must say, this frustrates me.

Any more thoughts out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try this to uninstall instead of the script, it always worked for me. 

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Don't have IE or FF running at that time.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines