• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GTX 770 2GB vs GTX 760 4GB?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,do you know whats best for Pr, Ae, 3D Max 2013 and C4D in my system, GTX 770 2GB vs GTX 760 4GB?

GTX 770 2GB

• Chipset Manufacturer: NVIDIA
  • Core Clock: 1058MHz
  • Boost Clock: 1110 MHz
  • CUDA Cores: 1536
  • Memory Clock: 7010 MHz

GTX 760 4GB

• Chipset Manufacturer: NVIDIA
  • Core Clock: 980MHz
  • Boost Clock: 1033MHz
  • CUDA Cores: 1152
  • Memory Clock: 6008MHz

I have this:

Procesor: Intel i7 3770k 4.5GHz (Auto overclocking from 1.5GHz up to 4.5GHz)

RAM: Kingstong HyperX 8x2 2400MHz (2 more slots empty for get 32GB)

C: SSD Kingstong HyperX3 120GB

D: 2x Caviar Black 1T Raid 0

Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V

Power Supply: Corsair CX600 (without GPU consume less than 100Watts even overclocking)

I hope that you can help me guys, thank you all for read this...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Hi,

Sounds like an amazing system. I would go with the GTX 760 4GB. I have similiar system specs and recently ordered the GTX760. I almost went with the 660Ti,but noticed the 760 has been performing better in benchmarks and not much higher in price. Sure the 760 is overkill right now,but in a few months you will wish you had that extra power. I don't like having to upgrade to often. The 760 is going for around 279.00 4GB and 249.99 2GB. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-760-review-gk104,3542-17.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Community: What is the best video card for my system?

A 650 TI is the best card for that system, the 760/770 are overkill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks cc_merchant, this is very helpful, thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it's the GTX 650 Ti Boost that would be ideal. The plain GTX 650 Ti is noticeably slower than the Boost version, largely because of the 650 Ti non-Boost's substantially lower memory throughput.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the OP had more memory or a better disk setup. Now a Ti Boost is held back by both disk setup and limited memory. I agree with the Ti Boost with 32 GB, but not with only 16 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough. Although I'd still disagree with this because I found the plain 650 Ti to still be significantly slower than the Boost edition even with 16GB of RAM (based on my own testing with a CPU that has four cores and eight threads such as my i7-3770K). Or, put it this way, percentage-wise the performance deficit is still noticeably greater than the percentage difference in cost between the two cards even with the system having only 16GB of RAM. One would need to cut the amount of RAM all the way down to 12GB or less in order to largely negate the advantage of the higher GPU.

Of course, if one has only an i5 (or any other CPU with only four total threads) with 16GB of RAM, then sure, one doesn't need more than the plain 650 Ti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't see the GTX 650 on the official supported list from Adobe CC, does this mean you have to hack the ini files to make it support the 650 Ti, or can you enable it and just get a warning from Adobe that it's not officially supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sounds like an amazing system. I would go with the GTX 760 4GB. I have similiar system specs and recently ordered the GTX760. I almost went with the 660Ti,but noticed the 760 has been performing better in benchmarks and not much higher in price. Sure the 760 is overkill right now,but in a few months you will wish you had that extra power. I don't like having to upgrade to often. The 760 is going for around 279.00 4GB and 249.99 2GB. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-760-review-gk104,3542-17.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A system is as weak as its weakest link.

With only a quad core, only 16 GB memory and only a single volume for editing, there is no sense in overspending on the video card.

What happens in the system? Data from disk --> CPU --> memory --> GPU --> memory --> CPU --> disk. If you have a traffic jam on one of these roads, it makes no difference if the GPU is among the fastest available, you still have to accept the traffic jam on the other roads.

Video-flow.png

This is relatively a 760 or 770 on the OP's system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have 32 gigs of ram and a faster CPU, but even if I had 16 gigs with those specs I woulden't buy an older card if I could pay 80.00 more for a better card. I am thinking he will upgrade to 32 gigs of ram in the future. You would spend 179.99 for a gtx 650 Ti Boost? When you can get a 760 GTX for 249.99 a far superior card. The difference may be I do a lot of gaming and 3D graphics which demand more from the GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to agree with you when you consider future-proofing your system.  My systems always seen to get upgraded as time goes by.  Even if next year you find it necessary to upgrade your whole system haveing the 700 series card is then a perfect fit  Now if you have any possibility in the future of doing any 4k video editing I would say go with the 4 GB version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the other hand, the 760 Ti would be limited by the lesser CPU. Sure, there would be a performance increase - but percentage-wise that increase would be far less than the percentage increase in the total cost of the entire system with the 760 Ti over the 650 Ti Boost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to check benchmarks and reviews on the 760. I am talking about future upgrades. I still would not purchase a outdated 650Ti when there is better out at that price.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! sorry for dont answer before but i was recording a documental in a Guatemalan jungle... Thanks a lot for your comments and i think that i must to buy the harware for looking to the future and knoing that i make 3D renders in 3D Studio Max and Cinema 4D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope my feedback was helpful. I also do 3D renders.  http://www.krop.com/VILLCHECK/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A single volume? i think that a C: SSD of 520MB/write speed and a RAID 0 of 2TB Caviar Black 7,200RPM in total of 385MB/Sec of write speed and 64MB Cache per Disc its enoff for my CPU no? i have some performanse like this. i think that my Ram and Motherboard help me alot...

Velocidad de Transferencia.jpg Ram PC.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read again:

'only a single volume for editing'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc_merchant, sorry, you are right, but what the recomendation HDD setup for 1080p 42Mbps of bitrate for editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i want to upgrade soon to 4K editing. I think that i can upgrade with 1 or 2 more cards for SLI and continue making 3D renders, motion graphics and final editing... But i want to take ventage of my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2013 Jul 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aguila7r,

I am now running two gtx 760's in Sli and amazed how fast 3DStudio Max,Zbrush and Lightwave are running. I almost went with the Quadro 4000 which is supposed to be the best for 3d Workstations,but I also do a lot of gaming.  I upgraded to 32 gigs of ram a month ago which really helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,  quick question:  with the gtx 760 does it work with MPE hack with cs6 please?

thanks, j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moved to Hardware forum.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines