Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edition

RoboHelp HTML

Version

RoboHelp 10.

Problem:

We are designing the web help for our project. Our requirement is each help page is permission driven. This permission are stored in our SQL Server database. How could we plug-in our server side .NET code within Robohelp so that before displaying any page RpboHelp checks for permission and if successful, it displays the help page to the user. Will I able to acheive this with RoboHelp ?

Our second requirement is our help should be localized in 13 languages. I have checked the Robohelp documentation and it supports this 13 languages. I would like to design a single help page in 13 langugages. I DO NOT want to create 13 seperate files for 13 languages.How do I go about it ?

- Natrajan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your first requirement can not be met in RoboHelp. This would have to be done programmatically.

Your second requirement can be met in RoboHelp. There is a couple of good articles on the required strategy at:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

For my first requirement, you suggested doing it programmatically. Does it mean, we have to build something on our own from the scratch OR is there a way once RoboHelp generates the help package, we could modify some files and get our work done ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not a Developer but I'd have thought this would have to be something coded from scratch. There is definitely no way to do this out of the box with RoboHelp. All I can suggest is that you look around for code snippets that may do what you require and see if you can use them in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp