• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 9 Application Simulation Grayed Out

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Presenter 9 and the Application Simulation area in the ribbon is grayed out.  I'm running Captivate 5.5 btw...thanks!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Oh that's a great idea.   I was using other software (Camtasia) to capture desktop trainings and inserting these into PPTX, but the ability to do this directly from within the Presenter ribbon in PPT was enticing...I'll play with that, and hopefully upgrade to Captivate soon (version 7 is out I see!).  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jorma for the quick reply.  I suspected that was the issue (which is why I mentioned my version).  Jumping to verison 6 is not an option right now...this is a feature I was getting ready to use...can I safely roll back to version 8.1 of Presenter if I need to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to 8.1 shouldn't make a difference for this feature, as I recall this interaction always required Captivate 6.

That said, you can always launch Captivate 5.5, do your recordings and publish them as SWF (hide or externalize the player skin) and then use the Insert Flash fucntion of Presenter (any version) to place the SWF file in the presentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh that's a great idea.   I was using other software (Camtasia) to capture desktop trainings and inserting these into PPTX, but the ability to do this directly from within the Presenter ribbon in PPT was enticing...I'll play with that, and hopefully upgrade to Captivate soon (version 7 is out I see!).  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources