• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having downloaded and installed ADE 2.0, the wording of the instructions cannot be read as all the characters are boxes (as when the computer doesn't recognise a foreign symbol). How do I resolve this so that I can use the program?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

John which operating system are you using?  What are the language settings for your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jeff,

I use MS XP Home Edition 2002 SP3, and the language setting is English (United Kingdom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE2.0 is not reliable on XP; even SP3.

Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear sjpt,

Many thanks for your advice.

I have removed ADE 2.0 and installed v.1.7.2, and can now read the details.  I have also successfully downloaded the book I'd bought, despite the website saying my computer was not suitable for ADE.  I assume that means 2.0!

Thankyou for responding so quickly and usefully to my query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines