• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

whcshdata.js file is empty in CS WebHelp output

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having trouble with the whcshdata.js file coming up empty when generating context-sensitive WebHelp from RoboHelp 10. Is there a setting in RoboHelp that I can change to fix this? We successfully generated the same CS WebHelp a couple of months ago where the whcshdata.js file included all the map IDs, etc. as it should. However, this time around, it is not working. We are building on the same RH 10 project file as before and added a few new map IDs. The FrameMaker source file has been updated as well, but nothing else changed that I know of. What could be causing this problem? Thanks for helping.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

I will answer my own question. Apparently, the option for linking the map file unchecked itself between the last time I generated the WebHelp and now. I assume it does this when you import a new map file into the project, so now I know to check this every time. The solution was right in front of me in the WebHelp settings window under Content Categories. Such a simple answer!

WebHelp Settings.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will answer my own question. Apparently, the option for linking the map file unchecked itself between the last time I generated the WebHelp and now. I assume it does this when you import a new map file into the project, so now I know to check this every time. The solution was right in front of me in the WebHelp settings window under Content Categories. Such a simple answer!

WebHelp Settings.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp