• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Creative Cloud Desktop not working?

Participant ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardon me but how do we close the Creative Cloud application?  There is no Quit option anywhere I can see. I've tried to trigger a force quit (Mac OSX 10.7.5) but Creative Cloud isn't listed there. I'll try closing my computer and re-booting but I shouldn't have to do this surely!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check following screenshot to find out, from where we can quit Creative Cloud.

Quit_CC.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That dropdown menu wasn't working. The application was completely frozen other than my rotating beach ball. Neither was I able to force quit because my system didn't seem to recognise the Creative Cloud desktop as an open application.  I quit all other running applications. Rebooted the machine then accepted the invite to upgrade Creative Cloud Desktop. After two attempts this has finally succeeded:)  Not a good start to my day though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2013 Dec 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem! App just crash before complete open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2013 Dec 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a dropdown menu but I have nothing in the window.  My menu bar shows what an Adobe "A" symbol with a 3 next to is, which I assume means there are 3 updates available but I have nothing in my CC App window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dcaleman if you click on the Adobe symbol and choose Open Updater what updates are listed as being available?  Have you tried applying those updates previously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I had nothing showing at all.  I just did a chat with support and I had to throw away a preference file and restart.  Then CC updated itself then the window opened and gave me what I was supposed to see.  This is all I had.  Now it's fine.

Screen Shot 2013-12-26 at 1.52.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have this problem. Which preferences file are you talking about?

Thanks

/Ralf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share the info you got regarding which prefs file(s) to delete? I am having the same problem you were and it would be nice to NOT have to call Adobe support.

Thanks, and cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it while ago, so I don’t remember exactly. My problem was that Creative Cloud account (software) was keeping my old subscription. I believe I deleted all the programs, and reinstalled them again through the creative Cloud updater (icon on your desktop top bar) which by the way had disappear and had to re-install first.

I hope this helps

::———————————————::

Luis Sanz

<Removed by Moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luis,

thanks for the info. I contacted Customer Service yesterday via a Chat. He wanted to remote control my desktop but I opted not to allow that, as it wanted me to enter my user password.

He walked me through the steps, which were pretty long as far as finding preferences in a number of places, and then deleting them as well as uninstalling my programs. That seemed to work, until this morning when I restarted my computer and have the same exact problem. I'm running Mavericks [10.9.5] on a 2x2.6GHz MacPro (4,1).

I JUST updated all my apps yesterday and if I have to trash them again, and start all over I am going to be VERY unhappy. This is precisely why I am NOT a big fan of the CLOUD apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally get you. Every time I’ve contacted support I’ve been very disappointed.

What I can’t grasp is the fact that these stupid problems keep repeating. Every time they have an update, something breaks on my computer. Something doesn’t work, I have cashes and need to search around the web for people with the same problem and try to fix it. Just as a note, I totally dropped "Suitcase Fusion”. What a piece of shit. Never worked, no matter what I did!!!

Adobe, you are a multinational, billion of dollars company, I know some of the issues are not directly related to your software (maybe our new operating system…) but for hearths sake, make a f£™¢ing effort.

If I see something around that for other people worked, I will post it. I cross my fingers everyday I turn on my computer, hoping the software works.

<Removed by Moderator>

University of California, Riverside

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francesca2014 please try solution 2 in CC desktop lists applications as "Up to Date" when not installed - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/aam-lists-removed-apps-date.html to resolve your current difficulties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.

I need to work with the CC font loading but have the same issue as .

I have tried the solutions you brought in this link (CC desktop lists applications as "Up to Date" when not installed) and worked fine... for only once.

Every time I restart the application I have to do all the ritual and I'm becoming tired of this.

I need a definitive solution for the service I'm paying for.

What do you suggest people?

Thanks in advance!

BTW: My CC version is up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activation Key which operating system are you using?  I would recommend looking at your installed security software as it is likely interfering with the Creative Cloud Desktop application and causing the behavior you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 7.

I didn't changed anything in my security software since I started using CC and it used to work perfect. I started to have these problems two months ago including an issue with Acrobat which was reported.

I could solve the Acrobat's but the CC still giving me the issue. What do you think could be causing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activation Key I have seen security software cause the behavior you are experiencing.  I experienced a similar behavior when I installed BrowserSafeguard.  I would recommend you continue reviewing your installed software for anything which could be conflicting.

You may also want to try running under a newly created Administrator to see if the difficulties you are experiencing are User account specific.  You can find more details at Troubleshoot unexpected behavior | User account-specific | Adobe software | Windows 7, Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have had the same issue. I disabled CCleaner and now it is working fine.

B.R.

Karel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with a blank screen from Adobe cloud drop down menu. I had to use CLEAN MY MAC app (The adobe cloud app uninstaller would not work) to uninstall adobe cloud completely and then re-download and re-install it.  Adobe cloud is back with the drop down menu for the apps and appears to be working now. HOWEVER now Lightroom has bombed upon launching twice. going to reboot and have hope.

bk248

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here running updated CC with updated Yosemite. Desktop CC evolved from the very annoying red exclamation mark icon (persisting for half a year now – go Adobe!) to this much worse, time consuming issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines