• 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feb 20, 2007 Feb 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have a file upload area for images, this also resizes the image and can take a few mins, is there a way of having some text
saying PLEASE WAIT IMAGE IS UPLOADING on my action page, and once it has uploaded it redirects to a new url?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 22, 2007 Feb 22, 2007
Make sure you double check the case of your variables (remember JavaScript is case sensitive). If you are still having problems, post your <form> and <input type="submit"> tags and we'll take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In HTML, you create a layer and hide it, creating an onload tag within the body tag.

This is in the Dreamweaver docs, and also can be found (I think) in some of the CF docs.

Do a search on "layers" or "onload".

- Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so once i have created a layer, how would i hide it, and what onload do i need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops - forgot the second part of your question.

As far as the re-direction, you can use "cflocation", and may or may not need the "addtoken" parameter, depending on whether it is an application, how the application stores variables, etc.

- Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I can walk you part og the way through it (it's getting late):

In DW, Open the page in question, go into Code View, and put your cursor ing the body tag.

In the Tag Inspector Panel, Add a behavior "Show Hide Layers".

There is a very good example of how to do this in DW Help. (That's what I first used to contruct mine).

Search for "onload", and Show-Hide Layers comes up in the search results, and explains the particulars.

- Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks justa quick one show hide layers is greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i have done that but i still get the first page where the file upload is, taking ages to process

this is what i have

**UPLOAD PAGE**
<table width="389" border="1" align="center" bordercolor="#FFFFFF">
<form action="SMS_ExcelUploading.cfm" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data" name="form1">
<tr bordercolor="#BB2020" class="SmallBody">
<td width="213"><div align="right"></div>
<div align="left">
<input name="file" type="file" size="14">
</div></td>
<td width="160"><input name="submit2" type="submit" value="Upload Excel Sheet"></td>
</tr>
</form>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easier way is to use cfflush. Details are in the cfml reference manual. If you don't have one, the internet does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can i have a onclick show message "please wait " on the file submi button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2007 Feb 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: JohnGree
can i have a onclick show message "please wait " on the file submi button?

Sorry - forgot about this one.

You CAN do anything, it just usually requires Javascript.

- Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a graphic on my "onload=" page that has a little three dots after the Loading Please Wait... that increment, etc. Simple .gif, but I didn't make it (our graphics guys did).

The docs Dan was referring to are very good - there was even a tutorial on how to do this with cfflush on the Adbobe website, even though it was originally for CF 5, it probably still applies.

- Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try adding the following code to your <form> tag:

OnSubmit="document.myFormName.MySubmitButtonName.value='Please Wait...'; document.myFormName.MySubmitButtonName.disabled=true;"

That should change the text on the submit button to "Please Wait" and disable it to prevent double posts.
Of course, you have to swap in your values for myFormName and MySubmitButtonName.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have added this to my form tag, but i get a javascript error: document.Form1.submit2 is null or not an object

OnSubmit="document.Form1.submit2.value='Please Wait...'; document.Form1.submit2.disabled=true;"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 22, 2007 Feb 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Make sure you double check the case of your variables (remember JavaScript is case sensitive). If you are still having problems, post your <form> and <input type="submit"> tags and we'll take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation