Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 8 - High level book not displaying in TOC

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Hope you might be able to offer some help or insight into a TOC issue we are having with one of our projects.

The Online Help for one of our lead products contains 20 high level 'books'. However one of the books is not displaying for the latest release and possibly before this.

However, this is not apparent when viewing the Online Help locally during and after Help generation stage.

Its only happening after the Online Help is integrated with the Product and viewed either on the network or online - the product is browser-based and Im reviewing in IE 9.

We use RH 8 - 8.0.2.208 and the WebHelp (Primary Layout) output. From the published help we generate a WAR file of the Online Help using an internal tool, which is then integrated by our developers with the Product. The Help consists of 20 individial RH projects that are merged to a 'main' or 'master' project at build time.

I have checked for any stray or rogue condition tags. There was one but I removed it, regenerated the Help and the error is still occuring. The HHC file for the 'main' project doesnt show anything out of the ordinary.

I've read quite a bit on the forum about TOC issues with WebHelp Pro and RoboHelp server but our set up does not include either.

I did notice some of the file names for the topic in this book are quite long - the longest is 77 characters. Its not a very big book - a mere 16 topics.

Any thoughts or leads?

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think if the path length were an issue, that would manifest itself however the help is viewed.

My first step would be to copy the output directly to the same server but in a different folder and see if the issue occurs then.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp