Exit

Research in HTML Help does not work with Web Help to CHM converter script

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My problem is simple:

Actualy, we're using a simple HMTL help with a chm file.

The WebHelp offers more possibilities, and the new script in RobotHelp 10 prupose to generate a WebHelp in a chm file, so perfect!

But when i use the Web Help to CHM converter script, i generate a good chm file, i open it and make a research. All the page about this research are founded, but when i want to open one, i always have a message 'This program cannot display the webpage'.

For information, the research function works good when i make a simple HTML.

In advance, thank you for your answer,

François

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Hi there

How well this may or may not work may depend on where the CHM is when you are opening it. Is it on your local C drive? If not, it needs to be.

Additionally, if you copied it, it's possible that you need to right-click it and choose "Unblock" from the properties sheet.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2013 Jun 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

How well this may or may not work may depend on where the CHM is when you are opening it. Is it on your local C drive? If not, it needs to be.

Additionally, if you copied it, it's possible that you need to right-click it and choose "Unblock" from the properties sheet.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2013 Jun 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your quick answer.

So the chm file is well on my C drive. I seen there is few weeks when i open it by the network, all the help does not work, not only the research.

After, i don't see in the chm's properties the option 'Unblock'. Is it in the tab general, security or detail?

Thank you,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my site re CHMs on a network.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

On your website, you explain how to make a chm file for a network?

But my target is to have good results after a research and not the error message.

You have a solution for this problem on your site? Because i don't find it.

Thank you,

François

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am confused by the fact that you have marked Rick's answer as Correct but Post 4 in this thread indicates otherwise.

Regenerate the WebHelp output to a local drive, then run the converter and make sure the output folder for that is local.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp