• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Update Service 11.6 r602 Stopped Working & was closed

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title above is the Windows error flag I keep getting.  I am running Windows Vista 32 basic with IE 9. and Flash Player version 11.7.700.224... I have tried an uninstall (which says it worked) and then a reinstall of Flash Player (which also says it worked; and appears to be truely working) but I keep getting the message box about the update service which is annoying at the least. Is there a reference to 11.6 r602 that should have been erased? (I'm assuming this was the 'OLD' flash player number) or is this an actual problem/ conflict? Did some recent Microsoft Update monkey with the Flash Player Update program? What do you suggest?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have a 'somewhat' tag along with the 'yes no' choices on "Was this helpful?"... SO:  I Tried the Full Uninstall procedure you suggested... Ran into a problem with the Flashplayerupdateservice file in the Flash subfolder refusing to be deleted. the "Unlocker" program did not seem to be able to touch the file. said it could not find a handle. Reboot did not get unlocker to remove the file. Opened Win Explorer as Admin & tried to delete; no joy. Tried (as Admin) to change the file permissions to allow delete and says it worked (the permissions) but it didn't. Did another reboot; file still there and refused to go away. Removed all the rest of the files as described in the thread... Decided to try the fresh installation...(this is after 3 hours of frustration). it seems to be working but I haven't yet tried some of my programs that use FP... So far the windows info flag "Adobe Flash Player Update service has..." not appeared. So MAYBE it's fixed. Maybe the new install overwrote the "bad" file. My fingersXX & ToesXX are crossed XXXX !

John

Message was edited by: jlepperson.         (15 minutes later) Just checked Win Explorer... C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash still has the file 'FlashPlayerUpdateService' last modified 5/28/2013; the other files show 6/25/2013. But it hasn't caused any problems YET.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi..

I am a new member here. I have a similar problem here and have followed the guidelines given but it seems that the file 'flashplayerupdateservice 11.6r' are keep on coming. In fact I managed to clean installed after deleting the stubborn file (11.6r). The problem is the particular file keeps coming everytime I restart my PC.

I am using Vista Home Professional, System 32, Firefox  and IE.

Appreciate for any advice.

Regards,

JayJay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also discovered that an additonal copy of 11.6r602 was hiding in C:/Windows/system32. it is also possible that a copy is in C:/Windows/system32/macromed.

Important: Read the NOTE: (below at bottom) first before attempting this.

If you use Windows Explorer and find it there try and delete them/it. If they/it are/is stubborn:

Try  1.) Rt.click on an open area of the task bar; Click Task Manager.  2.) Click the 'Processes' tab. 3.)Try to find  the "Adobe Flash Player Update Service 11.6 r602" description and highlight it. 4.) Click 'End Process'. 5.) Close the Task Manager.

Then Try to delete again. If it is Still being stubborn:

Try a.)Close Windows Explorer. b.)Rt.click on Windows Explorer icon; Rt. click on "Run as Administrator". c.) go find the offending file and highlight it. d.)Rt. click on the highlighted file and Rt.Click on delete. e.)authorize the delete. and  close windows explorer.

Then, Finally:  Rt.click on and  EMPTY the 'RECYCLE BIN' !!!  Restart your computer and go see if you can find any trace of the offending file. It Should NOT be there.

NOTE: Do NOT do any of the above until you read the next paragraph!

The file that you are looking for is 'FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe'  The 'exe ' may not be displayed. but you are supposed to find a copy of 'FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe' in C:/Windows/system32/macromed/flash. BUT it is a Later Version. 

Hover your cursor over the name and read the version. if it is NOT 'file version 11.6.602.180' LEAVE IT ALONE.  If it IS that version Delete it.

This is what worked for me.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been trying delete it

and it still cannot be deleted

I even can't run that program

flashplayerupdateservice

I run as administrator

then nothing is happen

there's nothing in processes task too

but there's updateservice running in services task

I can't end process it

and can't found it in processes task

what should I do ?

thank you John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2013 Jul 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

blueamethyst95 wrote:

Hi, I've been trying delete it

and it still cannot be deleted

File Assassin from MalwareBytes can and will delete ANYTHING. http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/fileassassin/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flashplayerupdateservice.exe located in c:\windows\system32\Macromed\flash is a nasty file. It runs in the background and takes a lot of processing power (CPU) from my computer. I try many ways to get rid of it, using administrator privilege, modifying file permissions, stopping UpdaterServices, DOS prompt, etc ... Nothing works, until today.

Run your computer in Safe mode! Now you can delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2013 Jul 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I have just solved this issue Guys!

1. Download & install File Assassin HERE

2. Go to start menu and search for "Folder options" and open it. Click on View Tab and where is says 'Hidden files and folder' click on show hidden files and folders. Click apply & ok

3. Open file assassin, selects the delete file option and browse for the Flashplayerupdateservice file. There are two places you will need to delete this file from.

i) Delete from: (C:) windows/ system32 - there is a Flashplayerupdateservice file at this location.

ii) Delete from: (C:) windows/ system32/ Macromedia/ Flash - there is a Flashplayerupdateservice file at this location.

4. When you restart your machine these files will now come back IF you have deleted from both locations.

Hope this helps as it's been driving me bonkers.

Enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to delete the annoying file in Safe Mode, but when I started my computer again in the regular mode it came right back.

I even tried deleting it from the Recyle Bin, but I couldn't find it there. Does it hide somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the comment above your post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2013 Jul 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the File Assassin, and I think it worked. So far the culprit has not returned.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file came back. What can I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have a "ghost" backup copy of the offending file as described in #4 (above). What is happening is that when your computer re-starts, it looks for the file you erased and doesn't find it so it refers to the backup, copies it to the same old spot and goes from there. You have to kill the "Ghost".

So:

Get writing instrument and paper. Then carefully read Number 1. (which says "Try a clean install..."), Number 2. in which I commented about my troubles, and Number 4. Which tells you how to get rid of the annoying  file(s). Read the caution note at the bottom of #4.

Write down (and/or print out) the various steps so you can carefully follow what has to be done in what exact order. As you do each step, mark that it has been done and what the results were.  This is what I failed to do the 3rd-7th times I tried this... So; to boil it down: a). Study all the above commentary. b). write down what your going to do. c). do each step carefully, making notes about what you see. d). When you get it all done, do a new install as described in the thread in #1. e). Restart your system and then use Windows Explorer to go to the subdirectory where the 'New' updateservice file is supposed to be. Check the Version of the file (see #4 above). if it is STILL the version 11.6.602.180. then something was missed; try the whole sequence again. A Full uninstall, Killing the stray files, Stopping the annoying process, Deleting the file, look for 'ghost' files, delete them, Restart, new install, Recheck for the annoying file. Yes, since you are going to ask, I had to do it twice but I haven't had any trouble with this since.

John

P.S. The only other solution I can think of involves a 12 Gage Shotgun (Double-barrel preferred), but I don't have one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I finally got rid of that file. In rereading #4 above, I finally understood that the file could be in windows/system32/macromed AND in windows/system 32 (the main file), and I found the culprit in both locations. I used File Assassin to delete it in both locations, and so far I have gone all day without being annoyed by the dialogue box about Adobe Flash Player Update Service. Also, my computer has been running much faster, which suggests that it was being slowed down by the interloper. Fingers crossed, but so far, so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines