• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I convert AS2 FLA into AS3 FLA?

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way that I can convert my flash document that was built with Action Script 2.0 into a Flash Document with Action Script 3.0 using Flash CS6?

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

The only way I can imagine using Flash CS6 to convert the file is if the AS2 code used in the file would be the same code you would write for an AS3 file.  Then you could just change the publish settings from AS2 to AS3 and save/compile the file.  I cannot hazard a guess as to the likelihood of the code in the file being valid for both AS2 and AS3, but it is possible if the code is very basic (stop(), play(), gotoAndPlay(), etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't convert ActionScript. You need re-write it manually. I never seen automatically app that correct convert it. You must to know AS3 and AS2 to do this. Or find someone who know how to code.

Flash CS6 it's just editor that can open old fla and show sources. But it will not code for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only way I can imagine using Flash CS6 to convert the file is if the AS2 code used in the file would be the same code you would write for an AS3 file.  Then you could just change the publish settings from AS2 to AS3 and save/compile the file.  I cannot hazard a guess as to the likelihood of the code in the file being valid for both AS2 and AS3, but it is possible if the code is very basic (stop(), play(), gotoAndPlay(), etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines