• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I build website in MUSE and administrate in JOOMLA?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I build website in MUSE and administrate in JOOMLA?

Anybody know if this works together?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

CMS features will not be part of the Muse 1.0 release. We intend to add CMS features to Muse in the future that will work with Adobe's Business Catalyst platform. Business Catalyst already has CMS features (see http://www.businesscatalyst.com/product-tour/overview for more info), but Muse isn't yet able to take advantage of them natively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not possible in Muse and it is unlikely that Adobe will offer such an option when they'd prefer you to use their own Business Catalyst CMS.

You might try http://www.artisteer.com/ to build templates/themes for Joomla and then use Joomla extensions to add design elements and functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export the Muse web site as HTML and then upload it on any web host using any FTP client.

The process to use an ftp client is described in the following article: http://www.adobekb.com/using_3rdparty_ftp.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hired a VERY good programmer, and he could literally do NOTHING with the html and css that Muse exported. He was trying to build a CMS for me (before Adobe came out with their version of a CMS) and we just got nowhere with it. He tried to convert it to something Joomla could even understand. No dice.

That was a very time-consuming mistake for my project. Don't make the same mistake as me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am in the same position as the OP. I would like to keep my muse site but use a Joomla based LMS.  Could I not use iframes inside the muse site so I can continue using muse?

Riesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMS features will not be part of the Muse 1.0 release. We intend to add CMS features to Muse in the future that will work with Adobe's Business Catalyst platform. Business Catalyst already has CMS features (see http://www.businesscatalyst.com/product-tour/overview for more info), but Muse isn't yet able to take advantage of them natively.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did NorthCape1 or Corey mark this topic as "answered"?

Usually the OP  is best at flagging a topic as answered, if they truly believe their question was answered.  ...at least that is how it typically works in Adobe's Jive forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did mark it as helpful.

Do you know Artisteer? Is it something similar to Muse?

I understand that I can export the site as html, but will it be possible to edit it from the backend..? I am new to Joomla, but I love Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NorthCape1 wrote:

...I understand that I can export the site as html...

Abhishek Maurya misled you by saying that you can export "as HTML and then upload it on any web host using any FTP client". They apparently do not understand what Joomla is.

The HTML that you export from Muse is a bit of a mess. You would need to be an advanced web designer to make sense of Muse's output and modify it for use in Joomla or any other CMS.

NorthCape1 wrote:

I did mark it as helpful...

I was not fishing for you to mark my post as helpful or as an answer. I was just confused how Corey's post was flagged as the correct answer as soon as he posted it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know about any information about how to modify it for in Joomla?

I am very grateful for your answers, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joomla has its own menu system and "widgets" so you should not bring either of those over from Muse to Joomla. That leaves very little need to use Muse.

Here's how to make a Joomla template:

http://docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_basic_Joomla!_template

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plz add Joomla & Wordpress !

& wee win with Muse !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you can, but it's a manual processs. All you have to do is export your website to a folder and then, you will have the hand code the php coding, the xml files and etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest CMS to convert Adobe Muse to is called "Concrete 5." It's a great CMS, created by some students from MIT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines