• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3rd-party Product Offers

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to ask a couple of questions, please, related to the offer of a 3rd-party software product with the Adobe product.  One example is the option to install Google Chrome when one installs an Adobe product.

If an Adobe customer opts out of the 3rd-party product are there any files and/or folders of that 3rd-party product still added to the customers computer system?  If the answer is yes, where are these files and/or folders placed?

My next question is which part of the Adobe EULA covers the 3rd-party product offers?

Thank you.

Message was edited by: GeoMG -- I am sorry, but I cannot determine if this is listed as a question or simply as 'discussion'.  I thought I had done the settings correctly for this to be only as a question, but ...  You see, there does not seem to be anything to "discuss" as the questions are quite straighforward.  Well, they seem so to me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the sense I'll have to wait until next week to receive answers to my questions, yes?  I mean, there will be the long break from work by most employees starting the 4th, right?

Kind of a bummer.  I was hoping to get some work done on this business during the weekend.

By the way, I fully understand why volunteer staff and/or regular members wouldn't want to be trying to answer these questions.

Okey-dokey, see y'all later.  I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GeoMG wrote:

If an Adobe customer opts out of the 3rd-party product are there any files and/or folders of that 3rd-party product still added to the customers computer system?

No, it is not.

But you can always download the offline installers, which are not bundled with any 3rd-party software.

Windows: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Mac OS: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My apologies for dragging this out of the deep recesses of the list of topics, but I see that one question was not answered back a bit -- a far bit back, true.

This question:

My next question is which part of the Adobe EULA covers the 3rd-party product offers?

Now we see here the FAQs:

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/end-user-license-agreements-faq.html

And when one clicks on the See More we only get one more topic.

None of the topics listed are even remotely connected to this business of 3rd-party software being installed on people's computers if they are not quite so clever to see that opt-out or if maybe -- just maybe -- the software is installed even if they do opt-out.

Further down that page we see a link titled: "Adobe products license agreements"

http://www.adobe.com/legal/licenses-terms.html

And if a volunteer staff member or an employee is going to insist that it is our duty to go through a very lengthy document to find the small print, if it's there, about this 3rd-party business, then I have to state to you that you are being terribly insensitive.  It's this company that is forcing us to opt-out and causing all of these headaches because of that opt-out policy, so the least an employee can do is to already have this information I am requesting at hand for folks just like me that might ask the question.  I mean, is this question so farfetched that no employee would expect to see it asked?  Sorry, I am leaving you volunteer staff out of this.  It just seems like it's really not your duty to have this information on hand.  If you do, fine.  If you don't, no sweat by me.  Employees -- different story, in my view.

And why wasn't this question answered back when?

Message was edited by: GeoMG because of spllng mistakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines