Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form won't print with information

Former Community Member

I created this form in LiveCycle and for the life of me I cannot figure out why the document doesn't print properly (either when you open it as a pdf or when the user fills it out). I changed the security rights in Advanced settings so that people can edit the form but when you try to print it the pages just come out blank. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?  (I know it is probably some simple thing like something in the set up)

Here is a link to the form that I uploaded Google docs:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByKCnDONQ5zhOEdmV1NHbDhLOW8/edit?usp=sharing

7 Replies

Level 5

Hi,

I downloaded your form and tried to print it, but no success.

I noted it has usage rights applied to it, when I opened in Designer and saved again, I was able to print it.

So it might be related to the usage rights. Try to apply these settings again.

Diego

Former Community Member

That is so strange that you were able to print it. I have tried to remove and re-add the usage rights and it still doesn't work for me. Very strange. Maybe you have to save the form before you can print it?

Although to me that doesn't really make sense. You should be able to print the form as it is, without saving and without filling in any information. But the pages just come out blank.

Level 5

You might also try re-adjust the margins of your document.

Level 5

What version of Designer are you using?

When I try opening it in Designer ES3, it indicates it was created with a version prior to 8.0., and compatible with Reader 6.02

Just opening and saving with ES3 Designer corrected the print issue for me.

Do you have a requirement to be at that level of Reader?

Mark

Employee

There could be two possibilities:

1. Designer and Reader/Acrobat version conflict

2. Usage rights implemented by Rights Management.

Though, I have seen in attached document properties that printing is allowed, in this case point 1 makes more sense.

Open it in designer ES3, it will remove usage rights and  update the pdf metadata and save it again. It would resolve the issue.

Former Community Member

The only designer I have is unfortunately an older version: Livecycle 8.0. One of the strangest things about this form not working is I have created several other forms in the exact same program, on the same computer and used the same reader and they all print just fine. It's just this one that isn't working.